Thoughtful & Supportive DHs

fides

Reaction score
It's about time for another positive thread about our men - please post stories of how your he has gone the extra mile or just been really sweet. :)

i'll start: this Fri & Sat, I helped my sis out with a yard sale, so i was gone a bit. On Sat, DH was home working on stuff, and he decided to wash, dry, and fold a load of laundry for me, plus pick up a few things about the house!! how sweet - he totally didn't have to do that!

who's next? Please share - these thread always turn out to be quite inspiring. :cloud9:

My hubby makes me breakfast in bed every morning because I wake up hungry and cranky :lol:

My OH was not very helpful or inspiring when I was pregnant with my DD but this time he's much more thoughtful and is very aware that it won't be long before my crazy nesting instincts kick in so this time round he's not leaving the big jobs til the last minute - decking the garden and decorating hallway stairs and landing! Nothing like a new baby to make u want to renovate ;)

My DH has been nothing but supportive. Bathing and putting the kids to bed at night because by about 8pm I've become useless. :blush:

Last night he drove to the store for me to get me a slurpee and greek wings because that's what popped in my head! :haha:

DH always cooks supper, always has, so I gotta give him credit for that, too! He just loves to cook, and I don't mind! :thumbup:

OH makes me a cup of tea every evening without fail when we are sitting down to wind down for the evening.

He also comes home almost every day with 'pregnant lady goodies' as he calls them for me including a few sweet treats :D YUM

Massages have been coming nice and steady too :D

Awww what a lovely thread!

My OH pretends he's all hard and isn't one to do anything for anyone but himself.. BUT we just bought our first home and I have been soo ill that I have stayed living at my mums and he has litterally done EVERYTHING! It was really run down to and he has totally turned it round in two weeks! All rooms painted and everywhere cleaned... He has left the nursery for me to do when I'm feeling better! I finally went over a couple of days ago and he had run me a bath and had tea on cooking!

So sweet and I can't believe how hard he has worked! Xxx

When I was sick all the time (up until about 19 weeks), DH did most of the housework and cooking, generally without complaining at all. He's been very supportive and excited about the baby.

When I was PG with my son I got a huge aversion to cooking :sick:! OH would cook and wash up every single day and get me whatever I needed! :cloud9:
Just wanted to mention that he also is a wonderful and amazing dad! This time around he's a little less sympathetic as he thinks I've been there done that :haha:
But he still does the washing up every night and will make the occasional run to the store for fruit pops! lol!

hubby bought me some foot rub cream on the weekend! what a sweety.

Ah this is nice. My DH is a star. He works abroad and knows that it's not easy for me to carry twins, work full time and look after our DS and because he does not want me getting tired or doing too much he has hired a cleaner to do all the house work and a gardener to do the gardens so I don't have to worry and come home to a beautiful clean house with all the laundry and everything done :)

x

Mine has been just fantastic!

A couple of nights ago i had a massive melt down about a lemon meringue pie. I kid you not. In fact, the whole argument could be summed up by the following statement he made

me: I'm heartbroken
Mike: About the pie?
Me: It's not JUST a pie, it's a LEMON MERINGUE PIE! (Cue weeping and wailing - i'd burnt it)
Mike: After a pause "I'm really sorry Keeks. I didn't realise how important Lemon Meringue Pie is, not just to pregnant women but to women all over the world."
Then i got a hug :)

my DH has been a sweetie esp over the weekend looking after the boys nearly full time and cleaning the house while i rested

just a little thing, he took me to the shops this morning to get some varnish to finish off this old chest of draws i'm renovating for the nursery, and i know it sounds silly but i was sooo excited about getting it & finishing them off. as soon as we got home i knocked it off the kitchen side & the whole tin went all over his very expensive Japanese slate kitchen tiles! not only did he not moan at me but he went straight out to get me a new tin :cloud9: i love my honey

My OH has been super lovely. He makes me dinner and brings it into bed for me when i'm feeling rubbish. I'm super stressed because i could be being made redundant on thursday and we need the money, but he's just being lovely and telling me what will be will be and to just think about our little baby!!

I like this thread :) I understand people need to rant, but holy hell sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who actually likes/loves their husband still :thumbup:

My hubby has been absolutely amazing, he works full time as an engineer and is also back in school get his next degree, I work from home and have a significantly less stressful job/day in general. But he still comes home some days to me laying on the couch and it's obvious I've not done a single thing - he doesn't say a word about it just goes to work making us dinner/picking things up :) He rubs my feet for me when I ask, loves spending time with his face on my belly talking to the baby..I'm pretty sure he's perfect :cloud9:

My husband has been so so sweet. In earlier stages of first tri I had a random crying session because I realized that I don't get Easter baskets anymore (it's funny looking back on it but at the time I was really sad....hormones I tell you). My husband went out to Walmart at midnight and spent time picking out things to put together an Easter basket for me. :)

He always makes my food/brings me drinks, is always asking if I need anything, gives me massages, goes out at all hours of the day and night to get whatever I want, and he even paints my toe nails! I feel so lucky and am trying to come up with some way to show him how much everything means to me. :cloud9:

well im usually guitly of moaning about my OH bless him, but this thread has made me realise that hes actually fab :D yesterday i was saying i really fancied a scone with cream and jam, when i came in from work he had been to tescos and bought me scones, cream and jam :D he'd also stocked up on pure orange juice and ice cubes as these are my cravings. hes been cleaning the house a lot aswell too lately and has cooked me some lovely meals all on top of him working 50 hours a week :D eeeh how do i even have the cheek to moan at him :blush: xx

My husband has been really awesome right from the start. He reads up on all the baby gadgets to see which ones will be best but it's the little things that make me love him even more. Just bringing me an iced drink when it's hot or carrying laundry up and down the stairs. I don't even have to ask for it. I also love that he asks questions, about how I feel and shows a real interest in the developmental stages that occur each week. But I think the thing that makes me happiest is catching him checking out my bump and smiling. It makes me feel pretty at a time I 'm starting to wonder if I'll look like a parade float forever :)

my hubbie always knows exactly how I'm feeling just by watching my expressions and can always manage to say the right thing to cheer me up. I've been feeling rather like an elephant these days and soo unatractive. Hubbie just keeps rubbing my bump and telling me how he still thinks I'm the prettiest girl in the room no matter where we go even after 6 years together, he's so sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->