Thoughts/Advice on cycles and testing

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by justkitty, Jun 8, 2011.

1. justkitty

justkitty First Time Mum

I have PCOS and in December was put on metformin. My cycles have begun to regulate. I was beginnging to get all excited this month about doing a test so I want your thoughts on my cycles.

January cycle 12/01/2011 CD1 - Ov'd CD 21 - 38 day cycle
    Febrary cycle 19/02/2011 CD1 - Ov'd CD 21 - 37 day cycle
    March cycle 28/03/2011 CD1 - OV'd CD 23 - 39 day cycle
    May cycle 06/05/2011 CD1 - OV'd CD 19 (acupuncture working to shorten follicular phase). So assumed my cycle would be 4 days earlier so a 34-35 day cycle.

I am currently CD 34 and was planning on not testing as I thought last week I was out of the game. I started getting spots (which I normally get a few days before AF), then I had AF like cramps. But then I started getting hopeful becuase..... I got a cold sore! Absurd I know but I rarely get cold sores. Then yesterday my left boob was a bit sore and sensitive (stopped now!) and AF type cramps completely went away. Then today out of know-where I got a sydden sever cramp which I thought was AF starting but ended up dashing to the loo with diarrhorea (sorry tmi!). Afterwards the pain went away and I can't tell if I have AF cramps anymore or not. Been having hot flushes too.

So I am suddenly trying to work out whether to test or not and when. If the longest cycle was 39 days then 4 days earlier is 35 days which is tomorrow. Should I test? Should I wait until Friday? Am I talking myself into symptoms that aren't really there? I guess I should test to put my mind at rest but I am fed up of the emotional rollercoaster each month. :shrug:

I don't do BBT becuase I found it made me more stressed. I am holding out hope that this is the month becuase we were on holiday when I Ov'd and I was lovely and relaxed.

Any thoughts?

2. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

I would wait till Fri and test with FMU. How do you know you definitely ovulated on CD19 and not say CD20/21?

gOOD lUCK!!!

3. justkitty

justkitty First Time Mum

Hi MariaF,

I know you are right! I know I ov'd early becuase I used an OPK and I've been having extra sessions with the acupuncturist to reduce my follicular phase. I seem to have a 15 day luteal phase which I am happy with as its a good amount of time. I am just being impatient.

Every month I tell myself I'll ignore the TWW, I won't symptom spot, and I won't get my hopes up. But last month I really thought I was and got so upset and this month, its only been the last couple of days that its hit me.
    :cry:

4. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

Haha! I'm exactly the same.

I tell myself I won't stress about ovulation and won't temp and won't do opk's - does it ever work?! Nope! Same goes for 2ww! I'm only 4DPO and am desperate to test! Although I know it will be plain stupid :haha: