Thoughts on conceiving with little/no sex before ovulating

babymammy

Pregnant- 1st trimester
Reaction score
Hi girls.

This is our first month officially ttc i had my first positive opk on the 30th dec but didnt dtd until the 31st (didnt get a chance to dtd again), which by my cm i was still nice and fertile. However! Before the 31at when we dtd it had been a good 3-4 weeks since we last had sex (both had been poorly and busy and he hadnt had some alone time with himaelf.lol) ive heard that if the male doesnt ejaculate his sperm may 'die' and chances are slim for conception. Obvs it had been a while for us having sex.

Am i still in with a chance this month? Or is it pretty much a done deal im out?

Im currently 5-6dpo? (Unsure which date i should counting from. The day i got the positive opk????)

Thank you guys for reading. Xxx

Usually ovulation occurs the day after a positive opk, but it can vary from on the day of +opk to 3 or 4 days after. Also the egg lives for about 24 hrs without being fertilized. So you had sex right in the window and it’s very possible you could get pregnant. As for sperm, if they aren’t ejaculated they live in the body for a couple of weeks then are reabsorbed by the body. New sperm are continually produced to replace them, so yes you could get pregnant from having sex that 1 time. Good luck I hope you get your bfp!

Thank you so much for replying lomelindi17. Made me that bit more hopeful 😊😊 for this month. Im very new to this and could you advise which day you would count the dpo from please. 😊

TIA

Hmm the only way to know the O date for sure is by taking your temp every day, but I’d guess it was probably on the 31st or Jan 1. If you check your cervix daily you might notice one day where it was super high, soft, and opened slightly, and that’s usually the O day. Not everyone is the same though, it takes a few cycles of getting to know your patterns, but that’s the general idea. Hope that helps!

It’s only your 1st month TTC so you might get pregnant easily and not need it, but if it takes a little longer then charting can really help conceive. The site FertilityFriend.com has a free charting course that takes like 20 mins and has all the info. :)

Not sure if this helps or not but sharing my experience in this pregnancy we had a positive ovulation test on the Friday. Dtd on the Friday and the Sunday and we fell pregnant I have a feeling it was more the Sunday that done the job than the Friday.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->