Thoughts on my chart... help!

1timemomma

Reaction score
Hey!

So last month was my first month charting... this month I went on vacation with a family member that doesn't know we're trying so I wasn't able to temp the earlyish part of my cycle.

Last month it looks like I Oed on cycle day 18.

Can any one look at my last months chart next to this one and tell me what they think? Have I already Oed?

Thanks!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/419161//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Maybe ovulating today but u would need to wait 3 days or so and see temps stay high before you would know xx

I've never had a cycle longer then 28 days... so I hope I've already Oed...

There's a possibility that you did ovulate, but it's difficult to tell from the chart. First, I looked for what the lowest post-o temp was last cycle=97.4ish-97.50. Your cd 18 and 20 are around that level. However, your coverline from the month before was 97.60. The temps from this month are not above that yet. The coverline does not always have to be the same, but I think they are supposed to be somewhat similar.

Second, I looked at how the pre-o temps from last cycle match up to this cycle. Your cds 6-8 are lower on both charts. Your temp went up some on cd 9 last time, but that's where you started missing this time. Oh no! Your pre-o temps were cooler this time so I can't really go by that either.

Third, I noticed you had W cm on cd 14 each time, but you're not to the S/C that you had last month on cds 18-20 (not that they have to be the same each time). Have you noticed any more fertile cm?

Did you notice any ovulation pains/signs/whatever you normally get around ovulation time yet? It's hard to tell; I understand it can be difficult when traveling.

They do say traveling/stress can delay ovulation, but I'm not sure if that happened. Did you stay somewhere with cooler temperatures/different weather that might affect the temps?

My advice is to hope that it did happen, but to watch temps the next few days to see if they continue to climb, monitor cm, and bd just in case it was delayed.

Good luck! :flower:

Thanks!!!

My temp went back down to 97.2 this morning... ugh... I have no idea whats going on!

I didn't really check cm this month... I'm trying not to get sooo wrapped up in ttc because its making me a bit crazy. I was hoping just to temp this month and bd around the time I should be Oing

I thought of a few things this morning that might be making my temps lower then they should be but I'm not sure if any of them are valid...

1. I'm making sure to temp at 6am every single day this cycle. Last month I started off temping at 7am but I cant sleep in that last every day so I started temping at 6am and using a basal body temp adjuster online to adjust to 7am.

2. Its starting to get warm where we are so we've had the AC on every night. One of the AC vents is right above my nightstand which I keep my thermometer out on. I've noticed the case to the thermometer being cold but didn't think it would effects my temps.

3. I packed my thermometer in my checked baggage last week thinking I would try to temp (but never did). Lord knows what our bags go through, so maybe the severe up and down temps messed with my thermometer? (sounds like a long shot to me)

I have a doctors appt on the 20th and I was hoping we would get a "You're pregnant!!!" but its seeming so un likely now. :(

It really could be delayed ovulation, anovulatory, or an incorrect thermometer. You will still have a chance if you bd when possible if it is delayed. Your bd pattern looks good so far if it did happen but it's an incorrect thermometer. Your doctor should be able to tell you if it is anovulatory when you go. Don't lose hope. Focus on what you can control, bding when possible, since you can't control the temps. The bding is what matters most as long as you did ovulate or will ovulate soon. Good luck! :hugs:

UPDATE--------

Well my temp went back up a little today, you can see on my chart. But the werid thing is yesterday I went to try on some clothes and I took of my bra and my nipples hurt, and still hurt this morning! Doesn't sore breats/nipples mean you Oed? I always get sore bbs before AF (sometimes nipples, sometimes breasts), but I don't think it normally happens so soon...

UPDATE--------

Well my temp went back up a little today, you can see on my chart. But the werid thing is yesterday I went to try on some clothes and I took of my bra and my nipples hurt, and still hurt this morning! Doesn't sore breats/nipples mean you Oed? I always get sore bbs before AF (sometimes nipples, sometimes breasts), but I don't think it normally happens so soon...

Not in my opinion, I have had tender breasts since o'ing LAST cycle that haven't gone away...everyone is different though, gl x

Yes, every cycle is different.

For the last year and half I've had AF on the dot 26-28 days, never longer, never shorter. AF always lasts 3-4 days and I've never had spotting in between AF's. I always get sore bbs/nipples before AF. I'm young (26), healthy, eat extremely clean and take vitamins everyday. I was not on birth control before we started trying so thier is nothing to "clear" out of my system. My Dr says its nearly impossible that I'm not Oing. But we've been trying for 6 months and I'm starting to think SOMETHING has to be wrong. I have an appt next week to double check everything is ok.

My chart is freaking me out a bit this month a little because it's not detecting O, but yesterday when I started getting seriously sore nips (which always happens after O) and started thinking somehow my chart must be off.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/419161//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hey! I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. That was a nice temp jump today. Perhaps Wednesday was ovulation? Good luck. :flower:

My temp went back down a bit today... I have no idea what's going on! And my nips have never hurt so bad in my life. DH thought I was crazy yesterday because I started crying about how much they were bothering me.

Hey! I'm checking in again. :flower: I wonder if cd 22 was ovulation day? Here's my reasoning: It's the last temp before a shift is noticed. It has a nice rise after and then a drop, which is similar to your March chart. You can get drops 2-3 dpo because of a secondary estrogen surge, which is totally normal. You marked cd 22 as S and your ovulation day in March was marked as S. If it is cd 22 and you have an estrogen drop on what would be 2 dpo FF might not give you crosshairs for 4-5 days after to confirm the temp shift. It did this with me before.

I hope you figure something out soon. Good luck! :flower:

Went to the doctor yesterday and she was very matter or fact. Not even a pregnancy test. haha. She told me to throw my charts away, stop temping, stop trying to figure out when I'm Oing, and just have sex three to four times a week and don't test until a week after my missed period.

I'm sort of a control freak so I'm not sure I can be so laid back about it but I may try that next cycle but as for this cycle... I finally got crosshairs on FF. FF is now saying I'm 10dpo. In the past year and a half I haven't ever had a cycle longer then 28 days... but I was taking B6 and EPO this cycle so maybe it did something? Not sure... anyhow it looks like we covered the days BD wise. I felt nauseous this morning and decided to test. BFN but if I'm only 10dpo its possible I would get a BFN anyway. I plan on testing (if AF doesn't show) on Sunday, 14dpo according to FF.

Went to the doctor yesterday and she was very matter or fact. Not even a pregnancy test. haha. She told me to throw my charts away, stop temping, stop trying to figure out when I'm Oing, and just have sex three to four times a week and don't test until a week after my missed period.

I'm sort of a control freak so I'm not sure I can be so laid back about it but I may try that next cycle but as for this cycle... I finally got crosshairs on FF. FF is now saying I'm 10dpo. In the past year and a half I haven't ever had a cycle longer then 28 days... but I was taking B6 and EPO this cycle so maybe it did something? Not sure... anyhow it looks like we covered the days BD wise. I felt nauseous this morning and decided to test. BFN but if I'm only 10dpo its possible I would get a BFN anyway. I plan on testing (if AF doesn't show) on Sunday, 14dpo according to FF.

Yikes! I don't know if I would like her or not?!?! :wacko: I figure if it is stressful for you to chart, temp, etc then you should stop or maybe take a break from the tracking for a month or so. BUT if it helps you I would definitely continue to do it. The charts and everything should be acknowledged by the doctor as evidence of what's happening with your body. They can help determine any issues and help you plan your cycle.

Was she an old-school type doctor? The kind that says it will happen when it happens, give it a while and it will happen when it's supposed to, etc. We all know you can only get pregnant around ovulation time, which is why it's important to know when that is. I do agree that having sex three or four times a week is good and that waiting to test is good for your sanity/feelings if you hate to see false negatives or bfns. I just don't want your journey (or anyone who is ttc) to be prolonged because of the advice of "just have sex and it will happen". Duh, right! Like that's not what we try to do in the first place or like we have been doing something else all along. :haha:

I'm totally a control freak as well. I would do whatever it is that I wanted to do. Keep them as a tool for myself and if she didn't want to see them, fine, I would keep monitoring in case I needed to see a pattern later. Follow your own instincts. Honestly, it's not like doing those things are going to hurt you or cause it to happen any later--unless it's causing too much stress.

I agree that it's probably too early as far as the BFN at 10 dpo. Implantation is 6-12 dpo. I've read that 9 dpo is average and that it takes at least 2-3 days after for enough hCG to show on a test. Fingers crossed that you get a BFP! :flower:

Attachments

• images2.jpg
    images2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 0
  • picturechartofimplatation.jpg
    picturechartofimplatation.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
Yeah she was kind of old-school. She wasn't bad, just maybe not my style. And she did say because me and DH are young and healthy, I've never missed a period or had weird cycles and everything felt fine they can't even look into anything further until after a year of trying. I'm new to the state we live in and I went to this practice because of another doctor in it that I had heard good things about. If I get pregnant I might look around and see if I can find another office I like better.

I was SO expecting my temp to drop way down today... I've never (at least in the past year and half) had a cycle this long... According to FF I'm 11dpo... last month I only had a 10 day lp. If my temp goes up again in the next couple days I'll test. I'm so scared at AF will show up any min!

Also werid thing.... my bbs stopped hurting 2 days ago. I thought AF would be there as soon as they stopped hurting but as of yet it hasn't shown!

I'm definitely going to be watching for updates. I hope this is your BFP! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->