Thoughts?

OscarsFurMama

Reaction score
Hi, I don't post on here often but I can't help but post today!
Here's my story, I'll try to keep it short.
I should start by saying I had a missed mc in March at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 8 weeks 4 days.
Fast forward until now.
On July 12th I had what I thought was a normal period. Normal heaviness however after it was supposed to end, it didn't. I kept having brown spotting for days. The spotting was not a lot, but consistently there on the tp. Anyway, the spotting never stopped so today after a total of 13 days of bleeding I made a doctors appointment. I was shocked when she told me I was pregnant! I still can't believe it and of course I was immediately worried about all this bleeding I've had! She sent me for a scan which showed a gestational sac measuring exactly on schedule at 5 weeks 5 days, meaning that period on the 11th was not a period after all! The scan also showed a yolk sac but no baby. The tech and my doctor seemed confident that itwas just too early but I can't help but be worried.
My hcg was 2011 today which my doctor said is appropriate for how far along I am. I have told myself that whenever we got pregnant again I'd try to enjoy every second that I got to be pregnant instead of spending it in fear. However this is a really scary way to begin a pregnancy. I just would like some stories from you ladies on what you think of all this. Of course none of us know for sure about how this will turn out but some stories to calm my nerves would help me make it to Sunday when I get my next beta drawn. Ahhhhhh!
Thanks.

All sounds great for about 5 weeks! Good luck hun, keep us posted on your next results! X

Thanks Dan-o. I will make sure to update after my next beta draw! Trying to keep calm until then! :)

When I got this scan done, I was 8w2d by lmp. They said the baby measured 7w1d. I wasn't tracking anything except periods as I was not trying to get pregnant and I was still nursing 80% of the time. Heart rate was 156. I think you might want to get another scan done as it is entirely possible they just missed seeing the contents of the sac. I've had some scans with my other children that showed nothing but the sac at 8 weeks and it turned out the person didn't know what they were doing. It's irritating and stressing, unnecessary stressing at that, and not very nice. I hope they see something next time. Please keep us posted.

Attachments

• ultrasound.jpg
    ultrasound.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 5
  • ultrasound1.jpg
    ultrasound1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 5
This was me, but I knew I was pregnant from the start vs thinking it was my period as I Took a test. I spotted for 2 weeks On and off, then it stopped. It was scary as I also had a mmc at 10 weeks a few months before this. But I'm now 21 weeks. You will just have to be patient and wait for the next ultrasound. You should see a heartbeat for sure around 7 weeks. Good luck! Fx for you!

This was me, but I knew I was pregnant from the start vs thinking it was my period as I Took a test. I spotted for 2 weeks On and off, then it stopped. It was scary as I also had a mmc at 10 weeks a few months before this. But I'm now 21 weeks. You will just have to be patient and wait for the next ultrasound. You should see a heartbeat for sure around 7 weeks. Good luck! Fx for you!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's great to hear similar stories with happy outcomes! :)

I said I would update once I got any news so here goes.
My beta results from today were 4298 for a doubling time of about 47 hours.
I'm still spotting so that makes me nervous but I feel like I can relax ever so slightly now.

That sounds like good news! Do you have another ultrasound scheduled?

They're going to call me this week to schedule an ultrasound for next week. My midwife wants me to be at least 7 weeks to be sure I'm far enough along to see baby. I'm nervous!

Hopefully it will all be good news. I know how scary it can be. Fx for you!

Well, today my spotting turned from brown to red. I'm thinking this has to be the beginning of the end. I can't figure out why my numbers are still doubling if I'm miscarrying but I definitely think this is not going to have a happy ending. :(

Well, today my spotting turned from brown to red. I'm thinking this has to be the beginning of the end. I can't figure out why my numbers are still doubling if I'm miscarrying but I definitely think this is not going to have a happy ending. :(

it could be a subchronichematoma, aka a blood clot behind the placenta. I would get a scan asap

don't lose hope yet! i'm quite sure spotting can be normal during the first trimester, but why don't you go see the doctors just so you can feel less worried? :flower:

I had brown spotting and red bleeding during my first pregnancy and I now have a healthy almost 3 year old. In this pregnancy I've also had brown spotting and quite a heavy red bleed at around 6 weeks. I haven't had a scan but pregnancy tests are still positive and I've had horrendous morning sickness for the past 2 weeks. Bleeding, even when it's red doesn't always mean miscarriage. I'd try to get a scan ASAP though to put your mind at rest. I hope everything works out for you x x

So after my last update the red spotting turned back into brown spotting so I decided there was no need for an emergency scan. I have one scheduled for next week and decided I could wait. My beta that day was 5780 which made for a 112 hour doubling time. That coupled with the fact that I've been spotting everyday makes me think this is not a viable pregnancy. :( However my beta from today was up to 8972 for a doubling time of 75 hours. So I'm kind of in this limbo of unknown right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->