• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

thread worms immunity?

littleL

Reaction score
My 7 y/o gets t. worms quite often (boys!) despite me being on his case a lot about washing hads etc. Just wondering is there such a thing as immunity to them and if so would it pass on to lo with bf? Worried he is going to get them too and I won't be able to know. :(

The antibodies in your breastmilk are perfectly matched to the environment. Baby gets to piggy back on your immune system. Babies and threadworms have co-existed for millenia... so I guess that your baby will be fine.

I'm not sure but none of mine have ever got threadworms whilst being BF even if the others boys all have them (boys are very prone to getting them; annoying isn't it? :( ). I'm not sure if its an immunity thing but maybe the gut of a BF baby is less appealing to the worms? xx

yep annoying as hell, it's a constant battle to keep asking him to wash his hands etc.
You could be right about breastmilk! Lo's poo is always runny perhaps they'd get flushed out if there were any, plus they can't scratch and reinfect? I hope so anyway.

What do you normally give your boys? I know certain foods are good like garlic, raw carrots etc. I also give mine the orange tablet (can't remember the name sorry) when I have to, but is there anything else that's helpful eg a medicated cream to stop the itching straight away? As the tablet doesn't work straight away and don't like seeing him suffer. thanks

To be honest we just use the strong hygeine measures wherever possible (washing all bedding, towels, underwear etc on a hot wash, keeping nails really short, wiping doors and handles and other surfaces down regularly, vacuuming the whole house); they are a PITA but in most cases this means they are worm free within a week or so; we do have a lot of garlic and raw carrots (and coconut is the other one i've read) so maybe that does help; only thing is next time they go to play at someone's house or even go to the park or library they seem to have them back a few days after that :( xx

pita indeed ... litterally :rofl:

mine seems to get them from school, as well as nits :roll:

mine are homeschooled and they STILL get them, grr. Thankfully though we've had no nits so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"