Threated AB?

Ashtong

Reaction score
So I get my results from my doctor via email and I had my initial HCG and progesterone. And today I had my second round of HCG and progesterone but the test was called "threatened AB" is this a normal test? My levels doubled so I know I'm still pregnant. The test name is just scary :(

Yes it's just the coding for the test. Don't worry i freaked out with mine when it said that too but it's just coding for the lab and the insurance co :)

Did they give you your progesterone levels by chance? Did you originally go in due to bleeding or cramping?

I'd be concerned enough to call asap and ask what the heck that meant and why they coded it that way. If your hcg is doubling that's great news, I'm so sorry it's being overshadowed by worry :hugs:

They did! Went from 11.1 to 18.9 I went in just to confirm my pregnancy I haven't had bleeding or cramping :) (thank goodness) haha

With my son, I spent 4 weeks on the phone trying to figure out why I was being charged for tests and a scan that should have been covered under my prenatal insurance. The clinic kept sending the paperwork to insurance coding the blood tests as 'pregnancy test-confirmation' (or something like that) meaning it was a blood test to confirm my pregnancy and my insurance doesn't cover prenatal care until the pg is confirmed. Hence the reason why insurance wasn't covering anything. The coding lady said that the first test was coded right but the followup labs should have been coded as 'history of miscarriage'. Once that got straightened out, all was well and they put a note in my chart to code subsequent hCG tests the right way so that doesn't happen again. I'm sure that's what's happening with you. It's just how they are coding things.

When I went to my obgyn 6 months ago just to run tests to see if there was anything preventing me from conceiving, they coded it as "irregular periods". It's just something your doctors office does so that insurance will cover the costs.

Yeah the coded comfirming my pregnancy as irregular bleeding and it wasn't lol that makes sense! Thanks everyone my nerves are a lot better now :)

Got a call this morning and everything is great :) HCG almost tripled :)

Yay! Sucks that the doctors have to code things a certain way just to get insurance to cover it. I almost freaked out with my first ultrasound with my son cause the doctor coded it as "intrauterine fetal growth restriction" meaning the baby was too small for his gestational age...but my doctor assured me that the baby was measuring perfectly. He said it was the only way to justify having an early scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->