Three week wait..

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi. I can't believe I'm actually posting in here! So we're not actually ttc but I have convinced myself that I am pregnant! Which I can't understand why, I mean I've done it before while ttc, had every symptom under the sun and not been pregnant! And now would be a bad time to get pregnant. So why do I keep thinking about it like 24/7 and why was I dissapointed when I got a bfn last weekend? :wacko:

Ok so I'm still breastfeeding my 16 month old but we've cut down to two feeds a day now so I got my first period back October 30th. It was really heavy and lasted about a week. On CD14 we DDT we used a condom but before that during foreplay there may have been some rubbing of certain parts together :haha: :blush: I think I may have ovulated around this time because I had cramps the day before this or may have been there day before that I can't remember!
Anywayyy I then got some pink then brown discharge while wiping on what I think was 8dpo. This is what made me think omg pregnancy?? So I freaked myself out and bought a pregnancy test and tested 5 days after the strange discharge. (13dpo) I was so convinced it was going to be positive I have no idea why :wacko: anyway it was negative and instead of being releived I was gutted!? :shrug:
So it's now what I believe is 17dpo and for the past few days I've had cramping so keep thinking my period is on its way but still a no show. I've also been extremely tired so of course I've convinced myself that maybe I am pregnant after All?!
What do you think? Am I being crazy? Does it sound like there's a chance I could be pregnant?

Hey Hun, sad, but I don't find this site as supportive as I used to when ttc my first. My post from this morning has no reply either.

I also have all the symptoms under the sun some months and still get bfn. It's the progesterone. I would be bloody excited for a pinkish cm at 8dpo. It would make me think implantation occurred. But I guess it would show up now. Keep testing for a few more days if af doesn't come and no bfp then go to gp.

Good luck xx

Hey Hun, sad, but I don't find this site as supportive as I used to when ttc my first. My post from this morning has no reply either.

I also have all the symptoms under the sun some months and still get bfn. It's the progesterone. I would be bloody excited for a pinkish cm at 8dpo. It would make me think implantation occurred. But I guess it would show up now. Keep testing for a few more days if af doesn't come and no bfp then go to gp.

Good luck xx

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me!
I have a bit more to add, today I've had the strangest CM. I really thought af had turned up at one point but it was the biggest glob of cm, stretchy but white :wacko: sorry about the tmi! So I picked up a test while shopping today I couldn't help myself I feel like I am being stupid and this is probably all my hormones playing tricks on me since I'm still breastfeeding and only just got my periods back but I thought well at least I'll know for sure one way or the other in the morning!

Will do! although I really think it will be negative! I think my body is messing with me!

ah hunni, I guess you need to keep testing or just wait for af. It is frustrating. But if it goes on for a few more day then go to gp xxxxx

I'm just going to wait for af now because I'm pretty sure the test would have been positive by now if I was pregnant. I think its just a case of my cycles not being regular yet due to still breastfeeding! It is very frustrating though having all the symptoms I have had and convincing myself I must be pregnant! I was so disappointed seeing the BFN which is crazy seeing as we weren't even ttc!! At least now though we can wait until the timing is right!

Hi. I have had a number of posts go unanswered as well. Disheartening when you really need some help.

I see you have a pregnancy test as your profile picture. Did you get your BFP?

I can't offer much help or advice other than wait and see. I'm kind of in a weird spot myself. I've been on birth control since 6wks after my son was born, but I keep struggling with losing weight and never before did I have this much trouble with it. It's also the first time I've been on birth control. I thought "Why not get off for a month and see if there is any changes?" I didn't think it would be a huge deal. I'm super busy with school since I'm a nursing student (could be another factor in my nonexisting weight loss) and with his work hours we hardly find time to DTD. Well.. that back fired because with all the built up tension we didn't try to prevent.

So anyways I'm on a two week wait to make sure I'm not pregnant before getting back on birth control. I'm hoping I didn't ovulate right away, but it's possible. I'll be excited but I wanted to wait till May at the earliest to start trying and to also get my weight down.

Hey I know how frustrating it can be when you are BF and testing, good luck you aren't crazy I promise (or else we all would be)!

Hi. I have had a number of posts go unanswered as well. Disheartening when you really need some help.

I see you have a pregnancy test as your profile picture. Did you get your BFP?

Hi thanks for your reply, yes it really can! And no that is from my last pregnancy I just haven't got round to changing it yet! I'm still waiting for AF!

I can't offer much help or advice other than wait and see. I'm kind of in a weird spot myself. I've been on birth control since 6wks after my son was born, but I keep struggling with losing weight and never before did I have this much trouble with it. It's also the first time I've been on birth control. I thought "Why not get off for a month and see if there is any changes?" I didn't think it would be a huge deal. I'm super busy with school since I'm a nursing student (could be another factor in my nonexisting weight loss) and with his work hours we hardly find time to DTD. Well.. that back fired because with all the built up tension we didn't try to prevent.

So anyways I'm on a two week wait to make sure I'm not pregnant before getting back on birth control. I'm hoping I didn't ovulate right away, but it's possible. I'll be excited but I wanted to wait till May at the earliest to start trying and to also get my weight down.

Hi, fingers crossed you get the outcome you most want :) it's so hard not to get caught up in the excitement of the idea of being pregnant. I was secretly excited and happy until I did the test and it came out a bfn then I was disappointed but now a few days have passed and I'm not obsessing over symptoms anymore and I realise it's not actually the best time right now and I'm sure the time will come when it is and I can be excited properly :)
Have you had any symptoms?

ETA.. Random but have you had your thyroid checked as I know this can be a cause for not being able to lose weight, just an idea.

Hey I know how frustrating it can be when you are BF and testing, good luck you aren't crazy I promise (or else we all would be)!

Thankyou. I did feel crazy the fact I did three tests and all bfn :blush: it took that many to convince me :haha: but I can't help but keep thinking but what if?? But I know I can't be because I took the last one on cd 35 so it would deffo be positive by then! It's just so confusing it's been 6 weeks now since my last period!

Hi, fingers crossed you get the outcome you most want :) it's so hard not to get caught up in the excitement of the idea of being pregnant. I was secretly excited and happy until I did the test and it came out a bfn then I was disappointed but now a few days have passed and I'm not obsessing over symptoms anymore and I realise it's not actually the best time right now and I'm sure the time will come when it is and I can be excited properly :)
Have you had any symptoms?

ETA.. Random but have you had your thyroid checked as I know this can be a cause for not being able to lose weight, just an idea.

I'm torn on what I want, but when it comes down to it. I'm completely fine with either outcome!

I probably should talk to someone. I know I need to be more active and watch my intake more carefully, but it just seems like it's harder than it use to be. Going to go see about getting a gym membership tomorrow. Hopefully the weight starts to come off!

I forgot to mention symptoms.

I didn't really have any other than maybe my face breaking out till last night. Last night I felt crummy and it was gone in the morning. I feel crummy again tonight and also have been gassy today. They all could be signs of AF as well. I haven't had any cramping that I almost always get before AF.

Hi. I can't believe I'm actually posting in here! So we're not actually ttc but I have convinced myself that I am pregnant! Which I can't understand why, I mean I've done it before while ttc, had every symptom under the sun and not been pregnant! And now would be a bad time to get pregnant. So why do I keep thinking about it like 24/7 and why was I dissapointed when I got a bfn last weekend? :wacko:

Ok so I'm still breastfeeding my 16 month old but we've cut down to two feeds a day now so I got my first period back October 30th. It was really heavy and lasted about a week. On CD14 we DDT we used a condom but before that during foreplay there may have been some rubbing of certain parts together :haha: :blush: I think I may have ovulated around this time because I had cramps the day before this or may have been there day before that I can't remember!
Anywayyy I then got some pink then brown discharge while wiping on what I think was 8dpo. This is what made me think omg pregnancy?? So I freaked myself out and bought a pregnancy test and tested 5 days after the strange discharge. (13dpo) I was so convinced it was going to be positive I have no idea why :wacko: anyway it was negative and instead of being releived I was gutted!? :shrug:
So it's now what I believe is 17dpo and for the past few days I've had cramping so keep thinking my period is on its way but still a no show. I've also been extremely tired so of course I've convinced myself that maybe I am pregnant after All?!
What do you think? Am I being crazy? Does it sound like there's a chance I could be pregnant?

This sounds exactly like my story a few months ago! I had just weened my 15 month old (now 19 month old) down to a night feeding and morning feeding, we were not TTC but did rely fully on pull out method, and I got my period back. That cycle (not saying this will be you) or the cycle after, I had a chemical, and then every other cycle I was utterly convinced I was pregnant (and secretly wanted to be so badly, which also took me by surprise) and so upset with every period I got. One cycle my partner and I were so convinced I was pregnant that we started picking out names and we were devastated when my period came. Even though it wasn't, it felt like a miscarriage (which I have also had before) at least in terms of the emotional loss. It was then I decided to really get my hormones back under control by taking vitex to balance my hormones and help me predict my cycle so I would stop getting faked out and heartbroken by pregnancy symptoms each month. My friend also once had it happen to her after weening from breastfeeding and getting her period back that she was convinced she was pregnant and ended up not being. I don't say this to discourage you because you very well may be pregnant right now, but if you're not, it could be your body being a little out of whack hormonally and trying to balance itself out and that appearing like pregnancy symptoms. Also for me, I didn't want to admit to myself that I really did want to TTC even though right now is not the best of financial times, and I was soooooo happy and so relieved when my Man said he wanted to TTC just this past month. We started a bit late this month and I'm having some signature AF cramping and super fatigue hat tends to happen right before I get my period so I may sadly be out this month, but I wish you luck and if you end up being pregnant, congrats, and if you end up not being pregnant,maybe consider taking vitex to help reign your hormones in and talk to your partner about actively TTC because it seems to me like you might want that but might not apwant to admit it, but that's just a strangers outside opinion and you know yourself much better than I do! I hope some of this helped.

Any news AliJo?
Thankyou for your reply skywalker :) still no sign of af! But i wont test again but im pretty convinced im not pregnant and it is just my hormones since i am still breastfeeding. Since ive started thinking this way ive not been having lots of symptoms, the mind can be a powerful thing! Ive been thinking and i think were going to start ttc next summer when lo will turn 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->