Threw up after falling..

HappyAnjeL

Abigail's Mommy
Reaction score
LO has been sick for the past few weeks with an upper respiratory infection, and cutting 5 teeth right now..

Tonight I gave her a cup of milk for her to drink while I went to get her toothbrush to get her ready for bed.. I turned around and she was standing on her little chair, trying to climb onto the stairs they are next to, by the time I got to her she had made it over and fell down the bottom 4-5 stairs (they are wood) Along with my camera case that was on the stairs. When I picked her up she threw up all over me twice while she was crying.. she has a little red mark on her forehead too..

She calmed down after about 2 minutes and hasn't thrown up again, she has been running around playing and trying to get back on the stairs since she calmed down.. (OH moved the chair so she cant)

I wanted to bring her to the ER because Im freaking out about her throwing up.. but OH says i'm over reacting and that she threw up from slugging back a big bottle right before.. Should I bring her to the ER or just keep an eye on her for a couple hours before letting her go to sleep?

Oh it's a tough one because it's probably nothing to do with her falling over. I do think that it would take a while for vomiting to occur from a concussion, however, I suppose it's impossible to be sure. Is there a number you can call for some advice? I actually had almost the same thing happen the other day with ds. He fell, not a really bad one though, and a little while later was sick. I just kept an eye on him to be honest (after speaking to oh who said the same as yours!) ...turns out he had a vomiting bug poor thing. Sorry I'm not much use, it's a tricky one! Hope she's ok xx

I cant tell about throwing due to head injury but I know for sure that if kids fall on their tummy after having food they might vomit. My LO fell on her tummy while running(playing) after having food and milk. She vomited everything in less than 2 minutes (and it was all over me as i was trying to ask if she was hurt). She cried for a couple of minutes and then she was perfectly fine after sometime and back to her usual self running/climbing/mocking. She is about 2.

Thank you, I think I am just going to keep an eye on her for a couple hours then call her doctor as soon as they open ( in 3 hours) When I came back in the room from getting my coat and shoes on she was watching a cartoon laughing with OH, and seemed pretty content and focused.. She has been talking since, and doesn't seem to have trouble saying her normal words.. The mark on her head still isn't raised either, and she's not bruised anywhere else.. so hoping the throw up was just from the bottle & crying.. considering I have never been in and Out of the ER in less than 5-6 hours, she wont be seen any quicker taking her to the ER now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->