Thrush again :(

tas1

Mummy of 2 Beautiful Boys
Reaction score
I think I have thrush again or my discharge is making me itch! I think I have itches it that much that I made me bleed only a little and now it's achy!
I have a check up later on and baby is moving ok. But I'm just sick of getting it,I feel like a bloke constantly itching down there
X

i have this problem too, no matter what i do, i dont wear tight pants like leggins etc now as they say that makes itworse n i wash with non perfumed soap but i still get it, its horrible going the doctors too forever sending water samples off x

It is a nightmare! I always have to put thrush cream on,just want a break from it,my bits feel like they are going to drop off! X

i soo know what you mean, ive had thrush throughout the WHOLE pregnancy, does not wanna go away:(

It's still bleeding not sure if I'm reading into things but not sure if I have back ache now! Maybe I'll go for a bath and see how it is in a while! Baby is still active x

best with docs do a urine sample get them send it off incase,your get cream and a pill that all help,other advice wipe front to back,wash yourself twice a day with warm soapy water and wear lose underwear.hope you get better soon i been the same.

I have just researrhed my symptoms and think I have got it (never had it before) and its so scary as I'm 5 days overdue already Im scared I will go into labour and pass it onto my little man :(
I been trying my midwife all morning but no call backs yet!!
Any ideas?? xx

Have u got any thrush cream? I don't think it will start u off! Go to docs about it so u can get cream and pills normally takes a couple of days to clear! I'm not sure if it will pass but I know my son had thrush in his mouth alot when he was a baby and the drops they gave him cleared it up!
Best to ring docs today x

I've never had it before this pregnancy but have been given the tablets and cream etc however it just Keeps coming back so now I'm waiting till after the baby to take oral medication as I think it's just Pointless for me atm! Xx

Well u haven't got long to go! It'll prob clear up! My bits aren't itchy anymore just sore and achy from itching it! X

I know how you feel! It's the worst isn't it? :growlmad: I've cut back on the amount of baths I've been having though and it has eased, I think I was using too much bubble bath. I've just been using canestan and having showers this week and it's gone (for now)...

It's still bleeding not sure if I'm reading into things but not sure if I have back ache now! Maybe I'll go for a bath and see how it is in a while! Baby is still active x

Taking too many baths can make matters worst. Have showers instead and don't let any soap get in your lady bits, sounds gross and unhygienic but it self cleanses so just thrush cream and plain water, eat lots of plain yogurt and wear cotton undies. Hope it goes away soon :thumbup:

Thank you! Been having baths coz of my back and pelvis so guess it's either my back and pelvis hurting or my lady bits,think I prefer my back and pelvis hurting! I'll just gave showers from now on! I've been using a lady bits wash but I'll stop that as well and just use water! Thank you I'm hoping thus works now c

Go to the doctors get some thrush cream, I got the pessary too.. but didn't use it as I used the thrush cream and it cleared up after 6 hours! :D After suffering from it for like a month too.

Wear cotton undies too and at night try and let your lady bits 'air' out lol! And avoid washing down there with soap because it makes it hella worse. x

I have had thrush in this pregnancy.............use the cream and pessery, goes away and then comes back. Right now I am just giving up. It isnt bothering me at the moment so I am just going to wait until the baby is born and then tackle it. x

Gonna see how I am in the morning but I haven't itched down there since this morning! It kinda feels like ive come on but no blood except this morning but that's coz I itched too much,my legs and hips and back is aching to so I'll see how I am tomorrow I know baby is ok as I had a scan today so they said nothing was wrong! X

For some of you ladies it doesn't sound like thrush to me but pruritus vulvae. The most likely of this is that the normal lower pH of your discharge during pregnancy is simply irritating your skin. Also the swelling can irritate and things are often more dry which again irritates. I've been having the same issue. After some time of it I tried thrush cream which just irritated it. There has never been any dodgy discharge (thrush discharge usually looks like cottage cheese). I did some research and here are things that can help:
Wash with soap free wash only once a day (more washes are ok if they are just water)
Apply aqueous cream which moisturises and soothes the itching.
DON'T SCRATCH!! This will irritate more and make you bleed and sore and irritate more again....
Natural yoghurt can help as it helps restoration of the normal bacteria. It is a nice pH and is quite soothing. I found it a bit messy though.
I have found that simply wearing a panty liner and changing once during the day makes all the difference. If I'm sat around in pyjamas for ages then I get really itchy from the discharge sitting on my skin.

If you think it is thrush it's worth getting treatment but an itch with no other symptoms probably isn't thrush. A common sign of pruritis is that it is itchiest at night.

For some of you ladies it doesn't sound like thrush to me but pruritus vulvae. The most likely of this is that the normal lower pH of your discharge during pregnancy is simply irritating your skin. Also the swelling can irritate and things are often more dry which again irritates. I've been having the same issue. After some time of it I tried thrush cream which just irritated it. There has never been any dodgy discharge (thrush discharge usually looks like cottage cheese). I did some research and here are things that can help:
Wash with soap free wash only once a day (more washes are ok if they are just water)
Apply aqueous cream which moisturises and soothes the itching.
DON'T SCRATCH!! This will irritate more and make you bleed and sore and irritate more again....
Natural yoghurt can help as it helps restoration of the normal bacteria. It is a nice pH and is quite soothing. I found it a bit messy though.
I have found that simply wearing a panty liner and changing once during the day makes all the difference. If I'm sat around in pyjamas for ages then I get really itchy from the discharge sitting on my skin.

If you think it is thrush it's worth getting treatment but an itch with no other symptoms probably isn't thrush. A common sign of pruritis is that it is itchiest at night.

Oh thank you. Thats all I have atm. discharge is the same. x

Not sure if mine is thrush or what you mentioned peanut but thrush cream isn't helping so gonna try what you said and see how I am but it's slightly annoying me now and I can't stand it anymore x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->