Thrush, monistat 1, swelling after use!

Elsa50501

Mommy of 2!
Reaction score
My OB today said take the overnight cream from the pharmacy for thrush. She said the name, it started with a T so I grabbed the monistat 1 box that had the T in the medication name ( monistat 1). Inserted it before bed. Now I'm SO swollen in the areas it touched. It hurts so bad 3hours in that I can feel it pulsing. What is going on???

I never get thrush but this treatment is worse than the thrush.
I am considering calling the on call line for advice, but not sure it's an emergency.

I'm on my second treatment for thrush in the last fortnight, that certainly doesn't seem like a normal reaction. I am swollen from the thrush but I was swollen before I inserted the perssary. I'd say to try a shower and ask advice on a different type of treatment, maybe your allergic to something in that one x

I waited until morning to call the on call line. Does seem to be some allergy to the monistat 1 day treatment. She said some people feel intense burning from that concentration but that kind of swelling isn't normal. It's better to do a 7 day treatment of a different brand (for me).

I'm on orders to take 25mg of benedryl, a Zyrtec and sit on an ice pack and "literally hang cool and loose". Lol let's see how long my nearly 4 year old let's this happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->