Thrush - TMI :-(

tiggerpony

Reaction score
OMG :wacko: I have been on antibiotics since Sunday for a nasty wee infection and on monday I started getting thrush...it is now so bad that I have resorted to sitting in a bath full of freezing cold water to soothe it. TMI - but early on the itching got so bad I just gave in, got a wet flannel and scratched/ rubbed it so hard and for those few seconds it was BLISS:haha: but now, I am well and truely suffering for it...it's so so so so so sore I dont know what to do :-( I have been putting canesten cream down there but doctor said I can only use it for 7 days. Has anyone else got thrush? How do you cope with it itching all fricking day and night?!:haha: :cry:

Hi
I've not had it since i was about 17, but i think natural live yoghurt is supposed to help, but make sure it's live one (not many are live), it helps to restore the good bacteria and helps soothe the itchy and burning,
hope you feel better soon
xx

you may be able to use the pessary, I think you will need to see your doc tho as the chemist wont sell it to you when pregnant.
Iv suffered with it lots in this pregnancy and found that taking a preg supplement with a probiotic in it seems to keep it at bay. Unfortunately boots seem to have discontinued the supplement argh! I only have a few days worth left and 3 weeks to go! x

Pessaries are ok when prescribed by gp. I had thrush a few months back and was given the caneston duo - using the pessary as well as the cream cleared it up in no time. Hope you manage to get something sorted for it, it's horrible. xx

aww i feel for u hun i really do i have internal trush and i will have it for life so my doc says, i havin wore knickers in over 2years cause of this problem. but i found the cream and internal tabs work great, even thou im not preg, evrytime i wear knickers it kicks in :(, my oh wont BD with me cause he keeps getting it, i really feel for u xxxx

I just posted about this the other day. Monistat is safe. I bought the 7 day treatment with the applicators, because it has less mgs of all the combo or ovule packs, like the 1 day or 3 day treatment. And because I could measure out less if I needed to. I haven't used it yet. I bought plain organic greek yogurt and have swallowed it down quickly, and may soak a tampon in it and freeze it like it was suggested to do lol.

my midwife said therz been traces of protein in my urine which cud be a sign of a water infection impendin, n now iv discovered thrush in my mouth, so al th obvious signs are there, just gota wait 4 th god damn water infection t cum. Ooh lucky me! Aha x x

Apple Cider Vinegar works very well on yeast, it burns like crazy but kills the yeast quickly. I also second the yogurt with live cultures.

Thanks guys. I hate it - was awake all night cos it was itching so much! I have used yoghurt down there but it just kind of made it smell bad!!!! It still ITCHED like crazy. I'm getting so fed up and hope it clears up soon cos can't take much more :-(

The itching is the worst i have found that aqueous cream cools and soothes if you apply a bit to the external itch. Also try to keep your knickers off and wear skirts or dresses as any fabric rubbing against it makes it so much worse.

OMG :wacko: I have been on antibiotics since Sunday for a nasty wee infection and on monday I started getting thrush...it is now so bad that I have resorted to sitting in a bath full of freezing cold water to soothe it. TMI - but early on the itching got so bad I just gave in, got a wet flannel and scratched/ rubbed it so hard and for those few seconds it was BLISS:haha: but now, I am well and truely suffering for it...it's so so so so so sore I dont know what to do :-( I have been putting canesten cream down there but doctor said I can only use it for 7 days. Has anyone else got thrush? How do you cope with it itching all fricking day and night?!:haha: :cry:

Are you using the internal or external cream? Sounds like you need the internal. You have to be really careful with thrush in pregnancy because it can really irritate the cervix as I found out a few weeks ago. Go back to your Dr and see them. Also take a good pro-biotic daily.

aww i feel for u hun i really do i have internal trush and i will have it for life so my doc says, i havin wore knickers in over 2years cause of this problem. but i found the cream and internal tabs work great, even thou im not preg, evrytime i wear knickers it kicks in :(, my oh wont BD with me cause he keeps getting it, i really feel for u xxxx

Have you tried an anti-candida and gluten-free diet? I know you prob tried a lot if you deal with this constantly, but maybe it would help you?

my midwife said therz been traces of protein in my urine which cud be a sign of a water infection impendin, n now iv discovered thrush in my mouth, so al th obvious signs are there, just gota wait 4 th god damn water infection t cum. Ooh lucky me! Aha x x

So traces of protein could be an infection in the amniotic fluid? Can you explain more about this? I have a yeast infection atm, my first ever, but it's very high into my vagina and it's almost unnoticeable. Also, I spill proteins on a plus 1 or plus 2 level, but do not have preeclampsia.

So traces of protein could be an infection in the amniotic fluid? Can you explain more about this? I have a yeast infection atm, my first ever, but it's very high into my vagina and it's almost unnoticeable. Also, I spill proteins on a plus 1 or plus 2 level, but do not have preeclampsia.

She means water infecton as in urine infection, not amniotic water.

I feel for you - I have always had a tendency towards thrush before getting pregnant so it only got worse when I did fall pregnant. Don't take the oral medication for it, pessaries are fine though. I suggest avoiding baths. Use scent free shower gel. Use cream on the outside when you need soothing, even a moisturiser would help. Speak to your GP for sure and get their opinion and get prescribed the right medication.xx

Definitely get yourself the pessary - they're fine to use in pregnancy, just don't use the applicator to insert. It won't get better using only the cream I'm afraid. I have a feeling pharmacists aren't meant to give it to you when you're pregnant without a prescription, but a few days ago I had to get one of those pessaries and the pharmacist just gave it to me, without asking me any questions at all! And I think it was pretty obvious that I am heavily pregnant, given that baby is due tomorrow!

i got pessarys from my doc (although insert wit ur finger not the wee inserter thing :blush: ) and it cleared up after 2days :thumbup:

o i think pessaries are available on the minor ailments scheme still if ya cant get thru the weekend til u spk to a doc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->