Thrush???

FunnyFace

Lola's mummy
Reaction score
Hiya,
Just wondering if you can use a pessary when you are pregnant?
xxx

You can but you should not insert it with the plastic applicator, use a clean finger instead :)
You can also use the cream but only the 1% one.
The oral tablet is to be avoided.
I know this because I asked my friend who is a pharmacist. YOu can also use natural remedies like tea tree oil or natural yoghurt if you are that way inclined.

Cat
x

No, it is safe, but if you are worried ring NHS direct (assuming you are in the UK) and just check with them, they will tell you the safe medical guidelines. It is always better to be on the safe side if you are unsure, none of us want to take chances. Hope you feel better soon!

Cat
x

hi, i had a pessary when i was last pregnant at around 30ish weeks. It was the consultant himself who gave me it. Just insert it yourself no applicator xx

yes cattia is defiantly right on all parts there hun, i suffer terrible when preg with thrush and have always been told this same things baby will be fine just follow the guild lines as told huns, do hope ya feel better and oh iv used natural yoghurt with thrush AMAZING and very cooling would just advise i dnt put it inside just outside and prob stay home and avoid any knickers :rofl: xxxx

My midwife gave me a pessary when I was about 20 weeks with my dd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->