Thumb Sucking

Kunama

Mummy to 3 Princesses
Reaction score
Hiyas Ladies,

Loking for a little advise regarding my L/O sucking her thumb. Both of my girls have sucked there thumb since they were in the womb and have shown no interest when I tried to give them dummies when they were born. With my eldest this has never been a problem, when she was old enough to understand we told her she could only suck it at bed time and after a little persistance she stopped doing it during the day.

However with Victoria it has been a different story. Since she was about 18mths she has developed this horrible habit of sucking her thumb and regergitating (sp) her food. It really isn't pleasent. She always smells of sick and often sits there chewing on whatever she has bought up. Not only is it unpleasent, I also worry that it isn't good for her being sick so often. We have tried persivereing with her, rewarding her for not sucking her thumb, even nail biting stuff (meant to leave a nasty taste to discourage fingers in mouths) but she likes it!

Does anyone have any tips for how they stopped there little ones sucking there thumb. Any advise welcome :thumbup:

:hugs:

Only one I can really think of is trying to distract her as soon as she puts her thumb in her mouth. Something that keeps both her hands busy. Coloring, play doh, patty cake? I heard recently that they usually stop on their own around 4-6 years if not sooner (random show I was watching). Wish had some better advice, clueless really on this department. Hopefully the other girls have some more tips for you :)

if anyone has any ideas i could do with them too, my daughter doesnt regurgitate her food but she is makeing little sores on her mouth and her teeth are not growing to the same height where she sucks. When my eldest child sucked i managed to stop him with plasters and persistance and time but my lordy my daughter is stubborn!!!! We have tried everything and it is doing my head in !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->