thumbs up to pregnant ladies working! any ideas what I can do with my days?

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
I was sacked when I told my employer I was pregnant (illegal i know)
And in a way I wish I still had a job because being at home all day every day is sending me bonkers!
theres only so many times you can clean a bathroom :haha:

But today I feel like I could sleep all day, and my legs dont seem to want to carry me up the stairs.
So just wanted to say Well done :thumbup: to those pregnant ladies working because I dont think I could do it (and Im only 31 weeks!)

What does everyone like me (pregnant, no children) do all day??
I need some thing to keep me busy

xxxx

ive been off work since april and it has sent me nuts initially i wasnt goingto return to work after bubs but now im thinking im that bored at home i may go back as soon as mat pay finished lol
i just sit on hear all day chatting to other ladies who are same just want our bubs so we can cuddle :) x

I only work part time and its very boring, some days i clean and some days im super lazy and spend most of the day on here *shame* haha.
I really think i should have been more active, im 36+1 now so finish work on saturday! I supose you should make the most of being lazy and doing things you wont be able to do in a few weeks!! I wish i had had a hobby though =/

Eek....I don't know what I'd do without my other 4 kiddos here :/ Maybe scrapbook for baby:shrug:

I stalk this website too, what would we do without it!!
Today i baked scones, yesterday i baked shortbread... i think i should slow down baking else the baby weight will never come off afterwards
(And because my ongoing battle with the oven has left me with yet another scar today) oops

I had planned everything for doing a scrapbook but moved house and left all my crafty materials, and not having a job means I dont have money to throw at craft stores. I really love this idea though. Maybe writing a letter to my Little one :) already keeping a "pregnancy diary" now and then

xxx

Do you mind me asking how that came about? Are you planning to take them to an employment tribunal? There's no way you could lose if what they did was illegal:flower:

Do you mind me asking how that came about? Are you planning to take them to an employment tribunal? There's no way you could lose if what they did was illegal:flower:

I was going to ask the same question! I hope you're taking legal action! That's something to do to fill your time, and when you win, you'll have lots of compensation money to spend on your little one!

I'm still working, so can't help otherwise I'm afraid!

Today is my 1st day of maternity leave. I was worried about what I was going to do with my time to keep busy as I'm one of those people who always has to be doing something but has been good and gone so fast! Washed some of the new baby clothes, went food shopping and have just had a long lunch with some girls from my antenatal class sitting I'm the sun. I'm sure not every day will be like this but it's a good start!

It was seasonal work on a caravan park, I worked for them last year from March to October (full season) I even had a supervisory role and was responsible for people much older. I was doing a childcare NVQ at the same time.
So they asked for me back this year (February) I worked the day, in the most awful working conditions ever as it was start of season. No toilet, no heat (I couldnt walk my feet were that frozen) no hot water. Awful.
Then I fainted in the meeting. I spoke to my midwife that night and she told me I had to tell them because I was putting myself and baby at risk (to much heavylifting and twisting/stretching) And we didnt have lunch breaks or anthing (why i fainted)

So i told them but I hadnt signed this years contract so I had no case
And they basically said there was no lightwork they could give me and they couldnt afford to pay me for doing not as much as everyone else.

I applied for 8 other jobs after but I think they knew I was pregnant because its a tiny village and news travels fast.

i work for my partner 3 days a week and when i found out i told him i was finishing work at about 27-30 weeks im 35 weeks and im still here lol. i dont want to go. i just get so board at home its quite good though as i can start later and finish earlier if i am tired. i am starting to get very tired now though and achy so i am going to finish at the end of this week might come in for a cople of hours though lol. xxxx

I'm on week 2o f mat leave and I'm boooooooooooooooooored!!

I have just mainly been cleaning and meeting people for coffee/lunch - I'm skint - I'm spending about a tenner a day! I need to stop!

Im still at work and plan on working up till my due date if i can but i would love to leave early.

I am going quietly nuts..... (!) Hmmm, not really, but it is a bit dull. I bake stuff, cook dinner for hubby, watch DVDs, have been making a photo book of mine and hubby's wedding for my mum (wedding was nine months ago but mum never got round to getting a photo album done as she and dad couldn't decide which pics they wanted). I've also been reading quite a bit and am intending to play my piano a bit too. Oh and I have been out for walks and so on (not that I can walk that far or that fast any more!).

Charlie, you can never do enough cleaning... or atleast i thought so until now

The thing that made me skint was seeing the consultant every week, I have to travel by train to get there so I used it as an excuse to go shopping. "Well theres no point going all that way for just an hour." how I justified myself to my partner afterward :D

I am finding work really tough, but at least I finish next Friday! I could have worked up to the end, but I'm so glad I decided to take a few weeks before as i'm getting really uncomfortable... x

well done babyno1 :)
I honestly dont know how you do it, I get up at 8 with my OH every morning but takes me a while to actually get into gear and by the end of the day Im flat out!

My friend decided to take maternity leave at 36 weeks (wanted to work til due like you said but changed her mind) and went into labour the very next day!

It was seasonal work on a caravan park, I worked for them last year from March to October (full season) I even had a supervisory role and was responsible for people much older. I was doing a childcare NVQ at the same time.
So they asked for me back this year (February) I worked the day, in the most awful working conditions ever as it was start of season. No toilet, no heat (I couldnt walk my feet were that frozen) no hot water. Awful.
Then I fainted in the meeting. I spoke to my midwife that night and she told me I had to tell them because I was putting myself and baby at risk (to much heavylifting and twisting/stretching) And we didnt have lunch breaks or anthing (why i fainted)

So i told them but I hadnt signed this years contract so I had no case
And they basically said there was no lightwork they could give me and they couldnt afford to pay me for doing not as much as everyone else.

I applied for 8 other jobs after but I think they knew I was pregnant because its a tiny village and news travels fast.

Having just completed my exam in employment law (yesterday), this is still against the law and you have an excellent case. Many, many things spring to mind, not offering you work because you are pregnant, not renewing your contract because you are pregnant. Seasonal work or not, if they have always offered you work, and you have accepted it, there is a case for unfair dismissal based on discrimination. Worth a thought...

A while ago I saw a post on here where someone was spending some time scanning their green pregnancy notes into their computer. I thought this was a really good idea if you plan on having more children as I would have loved to have had my sons notes available for to me to compare this time round, especially the scan measurements etc...

well done babyno1 :)
I honestly dont know how you do it, I get up at 8 with my OH every morning but takes me a while to actually get into gear and by the end of the day Im flat out!

My friend decided to take maternity leave at 36 weeks (wanted to work til due like you said but changed her mind) and went into labour the very next day!

Thank you! my husbands alarm goes off at 5.00am then I'm up at 6:30am, its a long day I do 8-5, we had the same some of the ladies here last year left just before their due date and both went into labour that weekend!! its madness!

I think of that too, that I would just be exhausted if I were working right now, so I second the Well Done to all the working moms-to-be!! Things have gotten much more painful and tiresome to me at 30 weeks:-(

I have been off work since late February (it's a physical job and they don't do light duty there, so I get short term disability pay until I go back), and I haven't been bored one day yet! Granted, I am one of those people who always stays busy and finds things to do. This is my 1st child so I've been trying to get everything ready which has taken up a lot of time---cleaning out the nursery room, painting it, picking out the furniture then assembling it, going to every consignment shop in a 30-mile radius to get everything I need at dirt cheap, washing all baby's clothes, etc. etc.

Just an idea, but when I was worried about not finding enough to do, I got online and searched for free events in the area and there are actually tons, so that's an idea if you want to get out and not spend money. Lotsa free festivals, performances, shows, markets, etc. And if you have any elder relatives or friends you haven't seen in awhile, it's a good time to go visit, even if it involves some traveling. It may be awhile until we get to do that again with LO on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->