Tickly cough!

Rhiaberry

Reaction score
Cannot stop coughing. I'm currently running a humidifier which helps some but what can I take or do? I'm so fed up.

I just got over 3 colds which led to me developing bronchitis. Ugh. Get that mucus up now before it starts heading down further into your chest and you end up like I did. If you're coughing up mucus, good! You wanna continue to cough up the mucus until your chest is clear (your cough won't tickle any longer). If you're coughing a lot on and not bringing much/anything up, you need to thin out the mucus so it will come out - the humidifier will help with that. So will sitting in the bathroom with the door closed for a maximum of 15 minutes (I do 10) to be completely safe for baby. Right before you open the door, force yourself to cough a bit. It will help looen what's in your chest.

I also use hot chamomile tea with honey. Raw apple cider vinegar mixed into warm water with raw honey if you have these items. This works a treat. Eat bananas to treat the cough during the day but NOT at night. My dr allows Robitussin (DM) but doesn't recommend any medications until after 12 weeks along. I'll update this as I remember more things you can do...

Gargling salt water (1tsp sea salt, 1cup warm water) is great because it helps soothe the throat and helps kill the germs causing you to be sick in the first place! Lemon is great for helping kill these germs, too.

In Pregnancy your immune system is likely to change. As a result of these changes, you may contract a cold or a cough at some point during your pregnancy. A stuffy nose is a nuisance and you can try inhaling steam or using a salt water nasal spray. Or you can ask your pharmacist to recommend a vapour rub that is safe in pregnancy. Suck on ice chips, drink warm tea, or gargle with warm salt water. You can try the over the counter drugs to get rid off from cough. But I would recommend do not take any medicine without consulting with your doctor. Take rest….

I have been coughing really bad for at least 3 weeks. My immune system always crashes when I get pregnant and I feel like I'm always sick. you really can't take anything, but a humidifier might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->