Tight chest when lying on back

TTC LADY

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel as though are struggling to breath when lying on their back.

I'm trying to sleep on my side and even have a DreamGenii sleep pillow, however inevitably I roll on my back during the night and then when I wake up I feel as though my chest is really tight and I'm struggling for breath.

Also get the same sensation if I'm just lying on the sofa watching tV etc.

Does anyone experience this ?

I also have a dream genii pillow and manage to stay on my side most of the time. However, I find it quite uncomfortable sleeping on my sides and wake up with dead arms and sore hips!

I also do sometimes roll on my back and I think I have started noticed feeling slightly breathless now. I think it's because baby is getting heavier and pushing on a nerve that is meant to take blood back from your lower body to your heart. Extended periods of lying on back can also stop nutrients etc getting to baby.

Maybe you could try sticking another pillow at your back to stop you rolling back? x

yeh i do, if i wake up on my bk im breathless its awful but every mag/book ive read says from 2nd tri dont lie on ur bk cos like WL said baby pushes everything up, ur lungs get squashed etc this is why its super uncomfy xxxx ur defo not the only one, lying for long times on my side is also very uncomfy :(

i've been lying on my side since second tri and still wake up sometime in the middle of the night to find myself on my back!

don't worry much about it. just lie on your side again when you wake up on your back. (although lying on the left is more beneficial... the right is fine, too. also, i read that if you want to lie on your back, you can prop a pillow on your right side so you're a bit tilted towards your left. apparently that can help lessen the discomfort.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->