'Tight' Stomach?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Armywife, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

Does anyone else's tummy feel tight? My skin feels tight and quite sore if i move certain ways, not the surface of my skin but just underneath if you know what i mean? Also today a few people who have felt my tummy have commented on how hard it feels and asked if its always like that - which it is! Is this normal? xxx

2. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

I don't know if it's normal but I hope so because mine is the same!! I put the tightness down to baby growing and moving around.

3. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

i get the tightness too hun mostly when i turn it feels tight. now and again it feels like im really stuffed from eating even if i havent been if that makes sense? guessing its probs normal tho hunni! xxxxxx

4. Armywife

It does feel like i've eaten loads and loads and it makes my breathlessness worse. I thought it was normal myself till 3 women who have all had babies said how hard my tummy is and pulled 'oh dear' faces then my nan felt baby kick but said 'Oooh love, your stomach is very hard' It just made me unsure.

5. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

I had that over the weekend it felt like my belly had grown and the skin hadn't - it seems ok now. Im guessing this is similar to what you had.

6. babyboo29

babyboo29 Well-Known Member

i feel exactly the same, its so uncomfortable. i am worried its gonna feel worse as i get bigger.

7. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

If you are worried hon then best phone the doctors, I'm a bigger girl and I don't get this (not yet anyway) but I'm sure it's normal and it's your tummy muscles and skin reluctantly stretching. x

8. Clare Bear

Clare Bear 2 Daughter's 1 Baby boy x

Mines not tight i have about and inch of fat infront of baby :lol: but it has been sore sometimes but i just put that down to some of my jeans rubbing i now have pregnancy ones and its solved that problem!

Clare x

9. Armywife

Me too! Am at midwife a week next weds so i'll ask her then if its normal x x x

10. Boothh

Boothh Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels

mine feels tight quite alot, and it is hard alot of the time, sometimes it feels softer i think baby likes to lie at the front alot though so it makes your belly feel harder, when they move to the back it goes soft,
    i do get the tight feeling and it does feel uncomfortable, :/ xx

11. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Mine was tighter than normal today and when I laid on my back it was still sticking up and normally my tummy settles down. The kicks are also happening in a different location, so I think baby moved around in there and is pushing more out the front.