Tightening across top of bump - advice?

MummyM86

Reaction score
Hi ladies wondering if you can give me some advice. I am 35 weeks and 3 days currently and twice today I've had a really horrible pain that starts in the top of my bump and then seems to work its way down over the bunp and into my back. Both times its taken my breath away. Is this something i need to worry about? I've been quite active today sorting baby pram and bits n pieces out because it seems like my nesting instinct FINALLY kicked in this week! My DD was born over 3 years ago and i dont remember an awful lot of twinges etc with her leading up to labour. I obvs want to keep spud in for as long as possible so need to knkw if i should contact hospital etc for advice.

TIA

It sounds like braxton hicks contractions, the baby could be burrowing lower and getting into position. If it becomes more regular and intensifies then worth calling your mw.

Ha I've been having braxton hicks for past 10 weeks or so and they nothing like this. This is definite pain. My main worry is spud, would she be ok if born this early??
I'm actually booked in for a planned section at 39 weeks so would like to make it to that. Not sure if i can cope with another 30+ hour labour ending in emcs

My midwife told me off. When I had painful what I thought was braxton hicks. She said if they hurt they are contractions and you should really tell somebody ☺️

Well been having period like cramps all day and generally feeling off. Health visitor is doing her home visit tomorrow and I've got midwife on wednesday so I'll mention to them. Though i do feel a desperate need to have my bag packed and house cleaned lol. We shall see hiw things develop 😀

I've been having them for a few weeks and been admitted to hospital twice. first was a 5 day stay. 2nd a 2 day stay. was giving steroids as they were concerned that it was pre-term labour. I still get them and had quite a few today. they are getting more painful when they do happen. I also have midwife wednsday so was going to talk to her about it then as something just doesn't feel right.
my consultant said the pain is because of having had 2 sections already and because of this being my 3rd pregnancy in 3 years. but that doesn't explain the pains at the top of the bump.
sorry not much help, mainly letting you know your not alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->