Tilted Pelvis - HELP??

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by gingerroxi, Jun 1, 2011.

1. gingerroxi

gingerroxi Waiting for IVF-4 YEARS!!

Hi all,

I've been ttc for 2 years now with no joy. Today my physio dropped the bombshell that I have a tilted pelvis.

Does anyone know if this affects fertility and could this be one of reasons we're not getting pregnant?

2. DaisyB

DaisyB Well-Known Member

Hi Gingerroxi,

My cousin has a tilted pelvis/uterus and she has 2 boys, she was concerned that it might affect her being able to conceive but she was fine, It only took a few months. She was told the only thing she was told that can be an issue is the actual giving birth part. The reason I remember this was her once telling us how she did lots of research on positions she could get into to give birth that would help the baby etc, and her show casing what she was planning to do too much amusement to everyone else!
    She ended up having a water birth for both and was totally fine......well as fine as you can be I guess!
    She didn’t need her position research after all
    Hope that helps?
    Others may have other views / advice on this first hand?

Good Luck,

Baby Dust to you :)

3. sakari06

sakari06 Well-Known Member

i also have a tilted uterus and dr.s' say it shouldnt affect your fertility but everyone is different. if you find any info, please let me know.

4. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

I have a tilted uterus and my Dr also said it shouldn't affect things. One advice I had from 2 ladies with tilted uterus who have kids told me the best position for Bd'ing is doggy style, sorry if TMI! But apparently this is the best place for sperm in case of a tilted uterus!! Good luck to us all!

5. readyformore

readyformore Well-Known Member

6. Kiki09

Kiki09 Mummy to a miracle

A tilted uterus will not affect your chance of getting pregnant, I have one too and it does right itself in pregnacy so by the time it comes to giving birth it is no longer tilted.

The only thing I did after baby dancing was put my hands under my bum to tilt me to help the spermies, just for a few mins and made sure I did not go to the loo for a while lol same as they made me do at smear tests or internal scans lol my theory being if it helps them to see it better it may help the spermies to find it better too :rofl: Tho this is totally just me not scientific fact lol

Good luck to you all, hope you all get your BFP's soon :dust:

7. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Expecting 2nd son!

I have a tilted uterus and was also told dtd from behind was the optimal position. I conceived my DS in this position! :)