Tilted uterus hb gone at 8 weeks......

seh111

Reaction score
After IVF I had a second scan yesterday and the baby had not grown for a week, they could not find a heartbeat. There was a hb last week. I have a scan at EPU local hospital tomorrow. They will confirm and then talk through options. I feel like they have made a mistake. Last week they said there were 2 sacs but couldn't get a clear view of one. I have a tilted uterus and scans are always difficult with me. Yesterday she started by saying there were two sacs and then changed it by saying that one was actually my ovary. I saw the baby and I thought I saw a flicker but she said the hb had stopped.
I have no bleeding or spotting and I feel pregnant. I am 8 weeks and 3 days. There are so many stories of misdiagnosis that I cannot accept it yet. I still believe that something has been missed.
Anybody got any similar stories?

I don't have a personal story. But I have seen tons of people who were still pregnant when the scan would have made it seem otherwise. If you think it's wrong, go with your instinct.

I haven't gone through something similar I am sorry, but it have had things missed on a scan like a massive ectopic with a heartbeat, please dont give up hope yet good luck x x x

First, I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a similar thing happen to me about a year ago. I went in for my regular weekly ultrasound at 8 weeks 4 days and there was no more heartbeat. I had a DnC and the fetus showed a severe chromosomal abnormality called Triploidy - three sets of chromosomes rather than two. I hope this isn't your case but I'm here if you want to talk or have any questions. With that said, if you aren't comfortable going through with anything until you have another ultrasound - wait and check it out. Youre the mom and its your body. Ive also heard of misdiagnosed miscarriages and the women were so relieved they listened to their gut. Good luck. Fingers crossed for you.

I sincerely hope you are right. Try to have a full bladder, apparently that helps somehow..

I remember seeing a show once about a woman who thought she had a miscarriage then when on to unexpectedly had a baby. They told her that she was originally pregnant with twins and only miscarried one and unknowingly carried the 2nd baby to term. How horrible that had to be.. but at least the end result was a blessing! Remember its not over yet! hope you get better news tomorrow!

Sorry to hear this:hugs:. Trust your gut! Praying with you:hugs:

I'm so sorry you're going through this. :( I don't have a personal story, but there is no reason to rush into anything. So, even if your dr is convinced you've miscarried, there's no reason to rush into a d & c. I had a mmc in jan, and chose to wait for my body to miscarry on it's own. At this point, you just have to wait and see.

what type of u/s did you have? abdominal or transvaginal?

I have a tilted uterus, and had an early scan at 8w4d. They did the abdominal first but couldn't see the baby, because of the tilted uterus, so I had to have a transvaginal so they could see the baby, and get hb.

How did your scan go today?

:hugs: keeping you in my thoughts and fx for you

I had abdominal and then tv scan. In did not go to my d and c appt last week. I have another scan tomorrow because I did not feel comfortable with diagnosis especially as the report said "poor visibility" . How can they ever know for sure?
Thank you all for your kind words xxx

That early, with a tilted uterus, and not doing an abdominal, my personal opinion is that they can't be sure. I'm glad u waited. I would ask for a trans vaginal if they don't do one tomorrow. Seems negligent not too. Good luck!

Just wanted to wish u loads of luck and hugs xxx

Lots of luck today hun. Hope all goes well.

Wait it out. Women with tilted uterus are more often misdiagnosed then women with a regular uterus. Especially given poor visibility they should not make that diagnoses until 10 weeks at the earliest. Of course it'll not be fun if the outcome is still the same in a few weeks but at least you'll have been certain. Also did they do a beta? They can tell if your levels drop significantly what's going on as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->