Tilted uterus?

Jencocoa

Reaction score
Anyone have one? Did it affect your early scans?

I'd never heard of a tilted uterus until last Friday when I had my 12 week scan. The lady doing the scan struggled to find the baby at first but was able to by pressing down very hard (and tipping the chair/bed back). Unfortunately this was a bit uncomfortable but it was a small price to pay to see my healthy baby.

My uterus was more tilted during the pregnancy of my second son and this one too I'm sure, the early scans they had to do internally and my 12 week scan left me bruised all over my belly because she had to push so hard to see my LO. Painful but worth it!

I have a tilted uterus. For me it just prevented them from seeing anything on the abdominal ultrasounds early. And even the vaginal ones can take a minute if I'm super early in pregnancy.

I have one, so in my 2nd pregnancy i told the us tech that it was tilted and she just looked at me and said "well most are..." like i was a moron.... :dohh: So apparently most are, depending on who you speak to, and no never had a problem being scanned x

i have one,

Preg 1- missed miscarriage- with my tilted uterus it was hard for them to see anything so they had to do transvaginal , baby was measuring week behind, but i ended up miscarrying a few weeks later. There was no growth in the scan the week after

Preg 2- i had a scan when i thought i was 6w 5 d, but they measured it a few days behind- but i didnt get transvaginal, they could see baby ok and there was a heartbeat. I had another scan a month later, but i was measuring a week ahead- so i think they got the early scan dates wrong- im not 100% sure on when i ovulated.

But anyway i think tilted uterus can make early scans quite inaccurate so fingers crossed for you xxx

I just recently found out I have one and this is my third pregnancy! The tech giving me an emergency scan told me and when I mentioned no doctor has ever told me before she said it's probably because it's so common it's not really worth mentioning. I've never had any problems with scans. Every pregnancy they've been able to find baby easily and always measured exactly to my LMP

Apparently I have one. It was a bit tricky for the consultant to get a clear pic at my early scan

I have one. No issues in getting scanned in my successful pregnancy, missed miscarriage or current pregnancy all done abdominally

I have one. I had a transvaginal yesterday and they could only see the edge of the sac on the let side of the screen so they got me to lift my hips and the higher they got the more sac came on screen! Even with my hips as high as I could hold them the edge of the sac was still hidden!

I was told with my first pregnancy that I had one but it didn't make any difference really. No one has mentioned it this pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->