Tilted Womb

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
How many of you guys have a tilted womb

I was told when i went for my first smear test that my womb was quite tilted! I was so mortified about the smear test and was not ttc at the time so my mind was blank and i didn't think to ask any questions about whether it meant anything!

I have been looking on the internet and it says the womb corrects its self during pregnacy

That's quite reassuring, as i was a little worried it would affect things that way!

also doggy position helps with TTC lol

Hi,

I found out I have a tilted uterus at my first scan. It hasn't caused any problems during my pregnancy although it made it difficult to get a clear picture at my first u/s. I had a 2nd scan at 17 weeks and it has corrected itself.

From your experiences do you think it can make sx painfull

I found out I had a tilted uterus when I had a miscarriage 6 years ago, but I am not worried about it as apparently my mum has too. It doesn't make any difference to anything really but I am trying to give myself the best chance to conceive by using gravity (Waving my legs in the air in a not very graceful way) in addition to all the other things that are meant to help if TTC.

I have a tilted uterus too, when I have a smear they make me put my hands under my bum to "lift" it, lol, used to be so embarrassed but now its the norm! When I was pregnant the US was not very easy but the consultant did say it does right itself in pregnancy...

I have a tilted cervix of the uterus, or so I'm told. Didn't make any difference (and I've had two children so far). I don't even know why doctors kept repeating it to me: do you know you have...? Ummm... So what? :D

i have a tilted uterus. my cervix pointed towards my spin. this was something that happened within the last year.

In my last pregnancy which was at the end of last year, they sent me in for an early ultrasound at 6 weeks. the woman that did the ultrasound said she couldnt find anything but the sac and fp...when i called the doctor, they said that they did and it was measuring a couple days less then what i was...but they said the hb was low.

at this time, i didnt have a clue about the tilted uterus as i never had an internal exam yet. i went back a week later for my check up ultrasound and they said the same thing but that the hb had stopped.

i read later that being misdiagnosed for mc is common with a tilted uterus especially a very much tilted uterus like i have. unfortunately i went ahead with the d/c and only wished that i would have let myself mc naturally so i knew 100% that i did in fact lose the baby.

tho i cant be certain, since then i have had a very hard time becoming pregnant and i dont know if the tilted uterus is to blame or not as i have never had any problems with it before.

i have it tilts back apparantily i have 4 kids and ttc no 5 never had any probs been trying for a while this time and 2 mc but thats cus of my age im 42 next so i wouldnt worry sweetie xxx

i also have one :thumbup: doc siad 25% of women have it b:thumbup:ut ive always wondered if it has stopped me g:thumbup:etting pregnant even though the doc said it wouldnt :blush: sex is sometimes painfull due to the angle,actually anything straight going in there is painfull thats why i had to get my coil out it was far too sore!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->