Time going so slowly!!

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like this!! These early weeks are torture.. I found out i was pregnant a few days before my period was due and it seems forever ago! Only 5&1/2 weeks now.. Just cannot wait to get to the 12 week scan and know there is a healthy baby in there!!! Xxx

Yep, same here! Feels like I have known I am pregnant for ever and every day is like an eternity! Got BFP bang on 3 weeks and am 11+2 now. Still 10 more day until my first scan. :(

Not to long not but already been waiting freaking ages lol! I dunno, just seems like the close it gets the longer each day feels.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and fee like it has been forever since I got my BFP. I have a scan booked for next week when I'm 7wks so I'm hoping I can relax if that one is ok. I don't know how anyone manages to get to 12 wks without a scan!! (I know not everyone has the option)

God yes it's going soooooo slowly! I'm 6 weeks tomorrow, so thinking halfway to my 12 week scan (depending on the date I get it of course) but oh I just want time to move on abit more quickly. Off on holiday for a week in just over a week, when we get back I'll be 8 weeks, so hoping that will break it up. Only 4 weeks to go after that.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and fee like it has been forever since I got my BFP. I have a scan booked for next week when I'm 7wks so I'm hoping I can relax if that one is ok. I don't know how anyone manages to get to 12 wks without a scan!! (I know not everyone has the option)

It is torture waiting isn't it! Last time I had to wait until 14+5 for my first scan they were so busy! I have tried everything I can think of to get OH to agree to a private early scan but he said no. :(

On one hand I think... "ugh 3 more weeks until my scan ... hurry up!!!!!"
But on the other hand I'm saying "omg 2 weeks until dd bday party, no ooooooooooo I don't have everything ready!!!!!!" So hopefully time will fly for me since I'll be so busy !!!!!

Its been dragging sooo long It feels like its been months since i found out im pregnant!! and the morning sickness doesn't help one bit!!!

It looks like a lot of you already have children so you probably already know this, but this is my first and this waiting feeling seems like it will never go away!!

I felt the same earlier on... Waiting for a positive test, waiting for my first Dr appointment (which still gave me no reassurance), waiting for my first scan (and I got it really early-7w6d), but now I have to wait AGES for my second scan! And I still worry maybe something's wrong because I can't feel my uterus yet, and because I haven't heard the heartbeat yet and my next midwife appointment is still 3 weeks away!

Does this feeling ever go away?? When can I just relax and assume everything is going to be fine??

They should offer weekly appointments for paranoid first time moms :winkwink:

Nope lol! You will always worry forever now! Once you have kids there is always something. I think I am even more impatient now than I was the first time round, especially after I was told I will get 2 less MW appointments this time. It's been 7.5 years since I last did this whole early pregnancy thing and this pregnancy has been completely different, it feels like it's the first time all over again!

Nope lol! You will always worry forever now! Once you have kids there is always something. I think I am even more impatient now than I was the first time round, especially after I was told I will get 2 less MW appointments this time. It's been 7.5 years since I last did this whole early pregnancy thing and this pregnancy has been completely different, it feels like it's the first time all over again!

Even after they're born!!! :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

I didn't think of that LOL!

Yep it's always something.. when pregnant with dd I kept telling myself "I'll feel better after I can hear heartbeat on doppler" "I'll feel better after I feel regular movements" I'll feel better after Viability day" "I'll feel better after 30 weeks" "I'll feel better when I am going into labor" and finally "I'll feel better once she's here"... but honestly with each of those there was an opposite "I couldn't find the heartbeat today", "I haven't felt many movements today","It's too early for her to be born yet", "30 weeks is still to early", "OMG My water broke, what if there's a problem, what if my chord is prolapsing and she suffocates, what if she won't come out, what if I end up with a c-section" and once born it's never ending "is she ok?" endless hours checking her to make sure she's still breathing, not wanting to share her, not wanting anyone to touch her with their yucky germs (grandparents putting their dirty hands in her mouth, seriously what's up with that?) anyway.. it's never ending lol... But I think it get's to be more of a "I'm doing the best I can and I can't control everything.. what's supposed to happen will happen"

I have been debating getting a scan at 8 weeks and can't decide, I'm feeling a bit paranoid as u have a complete lack of symptoms but at the same time no spotting or anything to alarm me I don't know.. It's just one big worrying wait!! Can't wait to get this 12 weeks over (fingers crossed)!!

I have been debating getting a scan at 8 weeks and can't decide, I'm feeling a bit paranoid as u have a complete lack of symptoms but at the same time no spotting or anything to alarm me I don't know.. It's just one big worrying wait!! Can't wait to get this 12 weeks over (fingers crossed)!!

My thoughts exactly! I don't have my first appointment for another 3 and a half weeks, and I don't know when I'll get to have my first ultrasound. Why can't time speed up for a bit!

I thought I was going to get an early scan today, but after 3 hours at the hospital, there was no-one available to scan me so I have to go back on the 8th. Torture!!

Tell me about it! The wait is torture and I'm also only 5 weeks gone. Ugh! I just want to see him/her already! :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->