Time of birth

Oh they said aloud time of birth 9:18 but yet still put it in the notes and his certificate as 9:20. Annoys me to this day lol. But at least it’s not like my grandmother with a straight up wrong birthday. It’s off by 5 months.

Oh wow! :shock:

I found out with the help of you guys. I went to drs to request birth summary. It was only one page and had birth time on. They told me that baby was 6 lbs but weight was in grams and converts to 5,9. So I've been getting the weight wrong as well.

So glad you've got it, I know how important it is when you're telling the birth story in years to come, they were always the details I loved hearing my mum repeat when she'd talk about my birth.

Glad you got it! And that you got the correct weight! I get that hospital hours can be so long and it’s such hard work, but those little details mean so much to us. :(. I wish they wouldn’t approximate.

Re my grandmother. She was an immigrant. Came through and when they asked about her birthday, idk how or why but it ended up in her records as Feb. we celebrate her actual birthday, but now that she’s in a nursing home we do both because we don’t want them thinking we don’t care since they celebrate in feb lol. Sad though she’s been there ten years and has dementia so some years she thinks Feb is her real birthday. My aunties is wrong as well because it was somehow educationally advantageous. Sorry to go off on a tangent

Glad you got it! And that you got the correct weight! I get that hospital hours can be so long and it’s such hard work, but those little details mean so much to us. :(. I wish they wouldn’t approximate.

Re my grandmother. She was an immigrant. Came through and when they asked about her birthday, idk how or why but it ended up in her records as Feb. we celebrate her actual birthday, but now that she’s in a nursing home we do both because we don’t want them thinking we don’t care since they celebrate in feb lol. Sad though she’s been there ten years and has dementia so some years she thinks Feb is her real birthday. My aunties is wrong as well because it was somehow educationally advantageous. Sorry to go off on a tangent
That's really interesting, names and dates were often miss written in the arrival and immigration process, I know a few people who's family name was altered because immigration staff wrote down what they thought they heard. I wonder if a wee change of your aunts DOB got her an earlier school starting date, I know a lot of places had 2 or 3 school entries a year depending on the month of birth.
I'd be inclined to celebrate my grans birthday as often as I could as she aged, make the most of every opportunity to create a smile on her face, and feed her cake. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->