time racing on and starting to get nervous?

Pumpkinb

Proud parents!
Reaction score
Hi all

As you can see we don't have long until we start TTC and I was talking to hubby last night and slight panic is starting to set in....we have been married 3 years, have our own house, cars etc....wanted to do all that before having a family....I am starting to worry about it not being the two of us anymore, things will never be the same, will we ever have time together again just the two of us, what will happen to my body afterwards (I am very paranoid about my weight) money will not be the same agan....etc ....all very selfish things I know....Is this normal?

Hey, of course this is normal. you have every right to worry about those things. things have changed a lot since i had my daughter but i think i can say it has changed me for the better. i used to be so irresponsible, lazy and moody. now i couldnt be happier. we have our own place (me, oh and dd) and oh drives and i am learning. we are going to start ttc #2 next june so dd will be atleast 3 when baby #2 is born. dd was a happy accident so i didnt really have time to worry about those things, i just bit the bullet and everything is fine. i did gain weight but since dd is walking and running around i'v lost 3 stone! dont forget it is fine to excercise during pregnancy and if you eat healthily then weight gain shouldnt be a big proble. once u see your little one it will be worth it:hugs:

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10103;95/st/20090601/e/we+start+TTC%21/dt/5/k/95f3/event.png

yay it worked lol

Hi all

As you can see we don't have long until we start TTC and I was talking to hubby last night and slight panic is starting to set in....we have been married 3 years, have our own house, cars etc....wanted to do all that before having a family....I am starting to worry about it not being the two of us anymore, things will never be the same, will we ever have time together again just the two of us, what will happen to my body afterwards (I am very paranoid about my weight) money will not be the same agan....etc ....all very selfish things I know....Is this normal?

Hi there Pumpkin. We are going to start ttc December and I have similar anxieties to you. It’s the whole life-changing aspect that’s hard to imagine I think. Like you, we are happy in our lives and have I guess are used to pleasing ourselves. Being parents (hoping of course that we can be) will have a massive impact on our lives, especially as we are quite stuck in our ways. But part of me thinks that will be a positive change for the better. This all feels quite new and scary (partly made worse because it’s first time around I guess) and I just don’t know what to expect. Early days though:)

thanks all, nice to know its not just me being selfish.
I know I won't resent a child for coming along and changing things but SOOO much will change and its hard to imagine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->