Timed Cycle

Sassy77

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the middle of a nerve wracking two week wait. I'm being monitored this cycle by a fertility clinic. Ultrasounds showed ovulation on day 16 (one 2.0cm follicle), and endo was 0.9. My progesterone at 7dpo was 24.45 (not sure of the units, but nurse said they look for >4). It all sounds so promising but, I tested yesterday at 9dpo..BFN. :(

We've been trying 6 months.. I am over 35, and this is my last chance at a 2015 baby!

Has anyone had success on a timed cycle?

Hello. I didn't want to read and run. I just wanted to say good luck. I'm 36. I've heard it takes longer to get pregnant over 35. I've been ttc since Christmas 2013 and have had two miscarriages though I'm hoping this is the month For a bfp.

I haven't been monitored at all buy I have tried opks so I timed bd around o. I got pregnant the first time.

Don't give up at 9dpo. It's still early.

Thank you Spudtastic. Best wishes to you also. I just found out this morning that my husband has low motile counts, so I'm feeling rather devastated.

Hi sassy.
That is very disappointing. Sorry to hear that. I have read other posts where men have increased motility with diet and supplements. Did you get any info given to you?

They gave him supplements to take.. Antimicrobial therapy. Takes a long time to work though unfortunately. We're hoping the result was caused by a fever he had in March. It was over 38. Hopefully his system will recover in time for trying again in May. Even though I ovulated just fine, the doc wants me to take femara, to try and make me ovulate earlier this month.

Good luck Sassy. I'll be keeping my eye out for your progress :)

Thank you! I just realized that our first borns are one month apart! Aren't two year olds the best?

I'm no longer in the mood to test this month.. Feeling rather hopeless. My hubby is sad and keeps telling me sorry. My doc said to do a beta test on Friday since I think they want to confirm before I start femara. I might just save my next box of overpriced FRERs for late May.
My hubby and I are hesitant to do iui next month, as the doctor suggested, since it sounds so extreme and we didn't expect things to work out like this. Shock I guess. We don't have to decide right this minute anyways.

Aw sassy. I want to give your hubby big hugs too. He's probably feeling quite bad right now.

I love the things 2 year olds say. They are so funny. Though my little one is currently discovering stubbornness which she clearly gets from her dad Ha ha.

Did it take you long to conceive first time round ?
And take your time with iuis as your body and mind both need to be ready So if you need to wait a month or two do.

First time round wasn't easy either, after about 8 months, I took a half dose of serophene and that did the trick. I have a feeling that I wasnt ovulating regularly back then (34 day cycles). Who knows, maybe it was just luck.
His morphology wasn't the greatest back then, so maybe he's had this issue all along and the extra follicle I got when medicated helped double our odds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->