Timed intercourse w/ Femara?

AmandaGAC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been absent for several months trying to just cope & not stress over TTC. The RE suggested timed natural intercourse with Femara, an ovidrel shot & progesterone after. Just wondering if anyone else has tried femara? I did CD3-7 & I go in tomorrow to check for follicles.

Did anyone else have cramping after Femara, but before O?

I am following your post. I am on Femara as well and did days 3-7 I'm on CD 13 now! So share the details what did your follicles measure at?? and what symptoms have u been having since the femara?

This is my first time trying femara so I don't have any advice, but I can tell you I was having pinchy ovulation pains and I'm pretty sure I haven't ovulated yet. Cramps but mostly weird pains in my right side, even debilitated me briefly twice in one day! My past two Ovulation kits could be darker in my opinion but I go in for Blood either way on Monday which for me will be CD 19. I am also tired, thirsty and have been having sore muscles and headaches. All uncommon for my cycle. and weird throbbing or pulling pains deep in my ovary area. Right side..

Hey Cap! I'm glad I'm not going through this cycle alone with Femara! I felt super crampy and the RE Nurse said that it was most likely just my ovaries working OT. I also had headaches as well and agree that some of the cramps were like, "Wow. This f'ing hurts a lot." I also was crying about EVERYTHING.

Looks like we're just a day apart from each other. I'm CD15 today. I had two follicles on the left one was 19mm and the other was 17mm. I took the trigger shot on Monday and we BDed Monday, yesterday and will again today too. I start my progesterone on Saturday and then go in for a blood test on March 7th followed by an at home pregnancy test on March 14th.

My cramps seem to have gotten worse after the trigger shot. Like any slight pressure on my abdomen hurts. :(

Keep me posted on how your appointment goes! Fingers crossed.

Hey Amanda we should be femara buddies we are a day apart! I took another ovulation kit upon waking this morning and bfp!!! On day 14 no less!! No noticeable cm change but blaring positive!! So been BDing every day since cd 11 so we obviously are gonna keep going today. Hey when did u get a positive opk? And did you ovulate last cycle?
After many blood tests I found out I didn’t ovulate last cycle which is why I’m so happy for the positive opk!
Also how big should ur follicles be? I get measured soon and don’t know what to expect

Awesome! So glad you got a positive. Tuesday was my positive OPK day, so we are like legit a day behind each other. LOL. We started BDing on CD 11 too. We skipped 12, but got it in on 13, 14 and yesterday. Yes, I did ovulate last month. My periods are irregular though which is what is causing my troubles and why we're doing the femara, ovidrel and progesterone regimen. They told me they like them to be 17mm. Luckily the cramping eased up a bit yesterday. I still felt bloated, but not as bad as I did Tuesday. My husband normally doesn't think about the TWW, but he's going to be excited like I am this time around. He's been more invested in the process this time with all the appointments. Normally it's just like, "Oh, I got a positive OPK, we gotta make sure we BD." and he just goes along with whatever.

How are you feeling today?

How’s it going Cap? I got my progesterone levels back today, they were 33.50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->