Timing pregnancy - does this sound really selfish / stupid?

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Spoke to DH about this yesterday and he looked at me like I was crazy :(
If I get BFP this cycle baby will be due mid July, of next cycle would be mid August.
If it doesn't happen by then I'm seriously considering taking a few months off as dd and DH both have birthdays mid October and it would just be too expensive to have another baby at this time as don't want dd to miss out :(
Then obviously it's Xmas and jan is always a skint month for everyone!

Plus it would actually be really nice to have a lo with a summer birthday as poor dd always ends up with rain on hers :(

Does all this sound stupid???
OH says just need to plan things better and start planning present buying etc earlier on in the year but I'm so worried dd will end up missing out :(

it doesn't sound stupid hun if that's whats better for your family then do that. for me we have just tried when we wanted to and didn't really think about the due date but I do like summer babies as I think its easier in the summer with a new born as they don't need wrapping up as much and once weaning is due its winter so your in most of the time. we have 3 bdays in oct mine dh and our 1st daughter. x

No not stupid at all I have planned TTC to be a month after OH bday and not due at Christmas and also far from mine and DDs bday. So really praying I will get a sticky bean by February. Your not the only one xx

i don't think your being selfish
but
when you're supposed to have your baby you will
:)

It doesn't sound stupid :flow:

But what's to say you'll get pregnant in the months open to you? Personally I'd set up 3 savings accounts - 1 for DH, 1 for DD and 1 for new born. Work out how much you want to spend on them each year and divide it by 12. Say you and your DH said £20 a month there's £240 already. To afford Xmas and birthday this year I've had to start buying in June and buy something here and there and I've barely noticed it

What's right for one isn't right for another though and if that's how you feel there's nothing stupid about it hun xxx

It doesn't sound stupid :flow:

But what's to say you'll get pregnant in the months open to you? Personally I'd set up 3 savings accounts - 1 for DH, 1 for DD and 1 for new born. Work out how much you want to spend on them each year and divide it by 12. Say you and your DH said £20 a month there's £240 already. To afford Xmas and birthday this year I've had to start buying in June and buy something here and there and I've barely noticed it

What's right for one isn't right for another though and if that's how you feel there's nothing stupid about it hun xxx

saving I should really try that lol xx

That's practically the same as what I am doing...this is our last active TTC cycle for the year and then I shall try for a short break until April, though I likely won't try too hard to prevent pregnancy either lol...I would really rather not have a Christmas baby at least, but my bday is October and Hubby is November and there is a lot going on Sept. as well but I might change my mind about that month if I don't fall pregnant this cycle (lol).

When I set out to try I really didn't want to have kids at those times, but now since it's been almost a year I am getting more just a wanting a kid at all and not caring. Plus if it did happen around birthdays, that savings plan/or buying things earlier on in the year etc would work out well. Also, I think people overspend on gifts often, and I can always make some things as well...

I have similar feelings. My birthday is 11 days after Christmas and it's a pain sometimes. My parents always worked hard to make sure it was special, but people are pretty partied out by that time of the year. Plus, DD's bday is October, DH is November, then all the December holidays and me in January. I kinda feel like a baby would get gipped if they were born during that time. DH thinks I'm crazy for this as well. :)

I was told by dh that we absolutely could NOT have a May baby as both our birthdays, mothers day, and his mother's birthday fall in May. Even when in a few years we go for another (we want to space them every two yearsish due to me having RA and wanting to get it done rather than put 4-5 years between each since I want 4, and I will not do pregnancy after 35). So, hopefully we have a March/April baby and the rest could be June, July, and August. I doubt this will hold up though. Haha

I think it sounds logical if I get my bfp this cycle id be due the day after I was due with my son which means i would probably have 2 birthdays in the space of a week or so and its a scary thought lol but then I think well ill have to buy double for christmas so im sure I can do it for birthdays too x

Not silly but what if you stop ttc for that 4 months then start again and it takes another 8 months meaning your right back here again.

We timed it so started ntnp in spril, fell preg right away. We were so happy, our two kids are both summer babies two weeks apart. I ended up mc, thrn falling preg asap, mc and now im due the week inbetween my kids birthdays - thats right try 3 birthdays in 2 weeks, then my birthday falls three weeks after that.
So you cant always plan...but i wouldnt change this pregnancu for the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->