Tipped Uterus/ 5 weeks pregnant

KDmomof3

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this website!

So i am a mom of 3. My daughters who are 6 and 4 were born c-section. My son will be 2 in May and was my home birth vba2c. I breastfed all my children until nearly 2, my son held my period off for over 18 months! I became pregnant again at what i believe to be the first time i O'd since birth. I'm roughly 5 weeks.

A few weeks ago i saw a midwife clinic to have a pap and get fitted for a diaphragm (was planning to avoid another baby, God had other plans). During the exam she told me my uterus is retroverted so it tips back toward my rectum. I have never been told this before, i assume this is the result of 3 full term pregnancies! I'm concerned about that being a problem for this pregnancy, I read you may not see baby on ultrasound because of this? Or may not show right away...anyone experience this? I hate the "stressing" phase of waiting until the 2nd trimester to ease worries about miscarriage. Especially since my joy will forever be tarnished since I have experienced one between my daughters.

Welcome, and congrats!
I honestly don't know much about it, but have been told that my uterus tips back as well. I was told this with my first pregnancy, and then again with this pregnancy at my 9 week scan. I don't think that pregnancy causes the tilted uterus, I think it just naturally does so with some of us. It didn't mean anything different for my first pregnancy, I still felt movement and started showing around the time when most others were and there were certainly no complications because of it. I wouldn't worry at all about it!

Were they able to hear your babies heartbeats at the normal time frame?

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this website!

So i am a mom of 3. My daughters who are 6 and 4 were born c-section. My son will be 2 in May and was my home birth vba2c. I breastfed all my children until nearly 2, my son held my period off for over 18 months! I became pregnant again at what i believe to be the first time i O'd since birth. I'm roughly 5 weeks.

A few weeks ago i saw a midwife clinic to have a pap and get fitted for a diaphragm (was planning to avoid another baby, God had other plans). During the exam she told me my uterus is retroverted so it tips back toward my rectum. I have never been told this before, i assume this is the result of 3 full term pregnancies! I'm concerned about that being a problem for this pregnancy, I read you may not see baby on ultrasound because of this? Or may not show right away...anyone experience this? I hate the "stressing" phase of waiting until the 2nd trimester to ease worries about miscarriage. Especially since my joy will forever be tarnished since I have experienced one between my daughters.

Congrats! I also have this, it's only a physical feature and you are born with it. It doesn't cause pregnancy or other issues, so no need to worry. Uterus flips in normal position around week 12.

Hi There. Congrats on your pregnancy! I have a retroverted uterus and it hasn't made a difference for me at all. My first ultrasound was transvaginal at 8 weeks so I don't think it would have mattered for that. But I have been able to find the heartbeat with my Doppler since 9.5 weeks. Apparently once you get a few weeks into the pregnancy, your uterus flips around to an average position. I'm assuming it flips back shortly after giving birth. I'm also showing a bit at 11weeks so I definitely think mine has flipped. Apparently, if it doesn't flip you'll know because you'll get UTI-like symptoms. Hope that doesn't happen for you! Congrats again:)

I have a tilted and rotated uterus. told I was born with it and it should not affect fertility or ability to carry to full term. I did have fertility issues unrelated to my uterus being tilted.. But my 6 week scan was fine and we could see the baby clearly. During IVF, the doctor did struggle to view my lining accurately because of the tilting, and it made vaginal sonograms more uncomfortable then it is for most women. But that was about it.

Yeah, it's something you're born with and super common. You had it during your other Pregnancies also but it's not a problem even worth mentioning. No worries! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->