Tips for surviving Bromocriptine (Parlodel) side effects?

clara_nb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been posting in other forums on this site. You can see my signature for my story so far. My doc (one of three I'm currently working with...) prescribed me bromocriptine (Parlodel) for elevated prolactin. I was told to take one tablet a day, but to quarter it and take it throughout the day to try and minimize the side effects. I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't quarter it! I am feeling dizzy, nauseous, fatigued, and just generally like I didn't get any sleep the previous night. Has anyone else taken this med, and if so, how did you cope with the side effects? I am feeling useless at work and I'm coming up on a really busy time where I will need to be alert. I have heard the effects do go away over time but I'm wondering if there are strategies in the meantime? If nothing else, I guess it's good practice for the first trimester :haha:

Anyone? Has anyone had any experience with bromocriptine? Has it worked for you? Thanks :)

Just in case someone is also interested in this topic and is searching for some answers, I am finding the side effects are decreasing now (just over a week in). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->