Tips for those of you not making any progress....

KARMA2011

Reaction score
ok so I had an app with my midwife today and some of you may be more than aware of this but some (like me) may not.

BE AWARE OF YOUR BOWEL MOVEMENTS!!

I was examined today and my midwife said gosh you are in need of a really good clear out! I didnt know where to look:blush: Now at the risk of presenting tmi I am not exactly what I would call 'regular' thats not to say I'm constipated or have problems but Im an every couple of days kinda gal. However I cant say Ive paid much if any attention to my bowel movements over the past 2/3 weeks and the midwife said having a jam packed bowel like I have will most certainly cause problems in my labour progressing as its restricting the baby from being able to freely bounce on the cervix thus not progressing the labour. She also said that it would make it harder for the baby in the birth canal -its like having an extra obstacle in her way, so Im to up my fresh fruit and veg over the next couple of days!

I just thought id share as here i am obsessing about rlt and castor oil and sex etc and hadnt even given a second thought to something as easy as my bowels! So ladies grab the prune juice and make sure your having a daily bowel movement- you never know its what could be the difference!:thumbup:

Good advice,

My friend told me if your bowel movements are loose, then its a sign baby is going to be here soon too.
xx

Thank you! Will definitely have some prunes now ;)

Evening primrose oil tablets seem to have worked for me...tmi but they do help you 'go'...not nice, but I'd rather it now than in labour!
xx

I've been eating oranges like a crazy person which has helped too : )

well i seem to have a never ending supply!! im goin a few times a day! sometimes normal sometimes a bit lose

This happened to me in Labour last time I was all 'blocked up' and I was stuck at 8cm with him in distress. I had to be cleared out by the consultant :blush: and pretty much went straight to 10cm, it really does make a difference.

Good advice,

My friend told me if your bowel movements are loose, then its a sign baby is going to be here soon too.
xx

I hope this is true

since i found out i was pregnant ive been constipated. Lost my plug yesterday and today i managed to av a poo. Not just a normal poo but a bit sloppy one lol sorry TMI

try food combining- fit for life by harvey diamond is awesome.

Im a once or twice a week kinda gal :haha: but the day before i went into labour with Serenity i couldnt stop going to the toilet and it was very loose :blush: some women find their body has a natural clear out once labour is iminant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->