Tips for tiny kitchens?

Snow Owl

Reaction score
We're moving house soon and our new place has the teeniest kitchen! Our current place has a huge kitchen with loads of cupboard space so it's going to be weird!

We're rented so can't change it too much BUT we are allowed to put things on the walls and are willing to spend some money on things to make the inside of the cupboards more practical.

Does anyone have any tips? How do those of you with a tiny kitchen cope? x

Ikea have some fabulous space saving ideas. Really clever designs. I'd check out there for ideas :) Xx

Annoyingly our closest ikea is 2 hours away but we have a trip planned for end of August :)

My kitchen is tiny especially for a 3 bedroomed house, I find if I keep pots washed it helps as soon as there's a few pots left out it looks so messy! I hate my kitchen so much and when we buy a house it has to have a big kitchen!

Ikea deliver... my last kitchen was tiny and i bought a really cheap tall shelf unit thing, it was so useful for excess kitchen gadgets/herbs/oils/sandwich boxes/placemats.

Nothing worse than a tiny kitchen, when you have everything packed into cupboards, you realise you have to move stacks of stuff every time you need to get a plate. I would get rid/store all the extra cups,tubs, oven dishes and things you don't use often. Also, you have to do the washing up often otherwise the dishes look like you haven't washed up in 2weeks after 1 day!

Only upside, it's quicker to mop!

I have a long narrow kitchen and love it lol

I find getting rid of all the clutter you never use helps. Like do you really need 3 brownie trays/6 cupcake trays 4 mixing bowls etc. Also I use on top of the cupboards sometimes when I have extra stuff in.
I love a tidy kitchen as well everything has to be nice and tidy and clean

Get some nice baskets or boxes that will look okay on top of the wall units and keep stuff you rarely use but want to keep up there. You can put boxes in the cupboards too, for things that are small but don't stack well e.g. cake decorations/tubes of icing/dye are small but the tubs are all different sizes so I put them in a tupperware box with a lid then I can stack other stuff on top. Same goes for spices, or you can get mini shelf things for in your cupboards for stuff like that.

We have a tiny kitchen and use every available space. Dh has put 2 lots of shelves us and we have a saucepan lid rack was under a £5 from Ikea about 4 years ago, so recommend that :) xxx

Thank you :)

Don't want to order online from ikea as its looking for ideas I'm after! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->