Tips on finding babies heart beat?

Shinning_Star

WTT for a possible no4???
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I brought us a doppler and we found babies heart beat after abt 10 min at 145 bpm.

Thing is I then tried again in the evening and this morning and the bugaboo has dispeared!!!!!

I'm not worried as I know we have a few things against us, lol my placenta lies right across my front cushioning movements etc, as it did with my frst ds and also baby has a tendancy to move to my back, i know this cos I'm getting backpain and hip and leg pain, so reckon 'she' enjoys kicking my bladder and bowels. Lovely baby! haha.

Anyway any tips on finding this heart beat wld be greatly appreciated. thanks

I relised yesterday that you can pick it up with a stethascope and found a site with them for about £3 proper ones to! lots cheaper than doppler and they look cooler lol As for heartbeat i havnt a clue where to find it but i am waiting others replys for help also.

Under belly button about an inch and plonk it down and move the probe thing to different angles rather than moving the actual probe to a different section. Does that make sense? I found if you keep the probe still but point it in different angles its easier to pick up. Hope that makes sense

I would say the same as Fossey. Always find it slightly straight under my belly button!

Thanks, girlies. OK when I found it before was actually to the right side almost on my pelvic bone.
Trouble with belly button is thats right where my placenta is! LOL guess thats why having trouble! If I put it near my belly button just under or eiether side I get the swooshing, of my heart rate. OK, lol guess gotta keep trying!

I will however try the different angles rather than moving it. thanks xx

Yer mine was more on pelvic bone when I first tried. I found it better a bit further up. My placenta is at the front, so you do tend to pick it up quite often. I have found though if you find your HB babies isn't too far away at a diff angle. Try moving down from your belly button slowly and then at diff angles. My first attempt took me 2 hours rofl then around 30 mins second attempt, now its a few mins so you get better with practise and when bub gets bigger of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->