Tips on Recovery?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by amandakelley, Mar 30, 2011.

1. amandakelley

amandakelley Mommy to Brayden&Pregnant

Hi, I just had my little boy on Thursday (March 24th) and we got out of the hospital on Saturday (March 26th). I was wondering if anyone has any tips on the recovery process?

I'm not sure if a thread was started like this before, but I know others might be able to get good use out of this as well.

2. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

What helped me lots was soaks in the tub with a little bit of salt added which relaxed me and helped me to feel a lot better about myself, plus helped to keep stitches clean. I promise it doesn't sting at all (no way would I have added salt otherwise!!).

Also, listen to your body. If you feel like things have "dropped" downstairs then you've overdone it and need to rest a bit more.

Sleep whenever you can, be prepared for lots of tears, and say "sod it" to all forms of housework for at least 3 weeks :)

3. bigbetty

bigbetty Mammam to a princess

^^^WSS

Also don't stay standing up or sitting down for too long, keep changing as this helps the blood flow which promotes healing. Lying down is the best position to be in. And if you can find any, aloe vera toilet paper is a godsend! It is soo soft and doesn't scratch.

4. zoe87

zoe87 Im a new mammy!

Rest as much as possible! Sleep when baby sleeps! And have lots of baths. I was having 2baths a day after having hollie, dont know if you were stitched but if you were id recommend putting some salt in the bath to help healing process.