Tips on using opk's.

angelbump

Reaction score
Posted this in ovulation tests too....

Hi there, me and my partner are in our first month ttc.
I've never used ovulation tests before and I've used them the last 3 days and just having faint lines i know this is negative.
How many times should i be testing a day?
Any specific time better than others?
I feel like I'm about to ovulate, aching in my ovary area especially the right one.
I'm cd14 today so in my fertile window just wanted any tips off those of you who've done this before.
Thanks in advance x

I test once a day (generally around second morning urine, as first can be misleading), until things start to get a bit darker, then start doing it morning and afternoon/evening, until I get the really dark/matching lines. Good luck :)

It's best to do it once a day, at the same time each day, between 11AM and 8PM. If you are prone to short surges (which you'll know after tracking for several cycles), twice a day can be helpful in catching it.

As for being in your "fertile window," it's hard to say without knowing when you're typically due to ovulate. You really can't go off of cycle length alone, and it's best to track at least 2-3 fertility signs to help confirm. Temping is the most accurate, OPKs are also very helpful (though you can surge without ovulating), and then there is also tracking your CM and cervix position/texture/openness.

i test every day afternoon mine go light to dark back to light then dark all month until its a real positive darker than the control good luck

Thanks ladies, mine are starting to get darker now so hopefully on my way to o'ing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->