Tips on weaning a refluxer needed

Smanderson

Reaction score
My LO has GERD and is also regularly sick sometimes big puddle sicks and others little regular sicks (sneaky shoulder sicks too!!) he has been enjoying banana and porridge but I'm nervous what to give him as he does sick little bits of these up but mostly I'm concerned with the acidity I don't know what foods to offer but I think maybe I should avoid oranges and apples and tomatoes?

Also, I was wondering how long before bed I should offer dinner just trying to avoid sick at bed time (or in the night) I gave him dinner less than an hour before bed one night and he struggled to settle then did a massive puddle puke :( now I'm frightened and have moved dinner to 3pm and bed is between 6:39 and 7pm!

Hey I'm the same as u.
Looking to start weaning my lo soon.
He has silent reflux.
Il be watching ur thread for tips.
Sorry I dont hve any for u xx

I have a reflux baby and I have justrrecently started weaning.. the usual porridges and gonna try sweet potato mash soon I'll be stalking to see what people say x

I found doing a BLW approach helped stop sick more than purées. They come back up just as easily as milk does.

My lo has silent reflux, so not having to worry about the sick... But I've just been giving him fruit & veg purées & baby rice the same as any other baby & he seems fine! Ds also has a dairy allergy, so that's going to make things more difficult for us... I plan to start giving him breakfast from tomorrow too, but almost all baby breakfasts contain dairy... :-( my HV has advised me to start giving him meat now too... & to try & get him onto mashed food rather than puréed by 6 months. I guess with reflux, the more solid the food we can get in their tummies, the more it'll help. Tbh, I've not really considered the reflux issue in what I'm feeding him & it's all been fine (& he has pretty bad reflux) so I wouldn't stress too much. All my difficulties are coming from the allergy side of things... :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"