tips to feed discreetly with big boobs

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
The only comfortable way I can feed dd with a half decent latch (damn tt) is cross cradle with my eg left hand holding my left boob. This in itself is not great for me comfort wise but I'll take it for less pain.

Anyway. . Even when I use discreet tops I still have to get my whole boob out and latching is never quick. I bought a nursing shawl but we both got so hot the one time I've used it plus it wasn't easy to navigate use properly. Feel like I'll never leave the house with dd or my toddler again!

I still feed cross cradle and am an e cup, initially I felt awkward and used a large muslin cloth draped over my shoulder to cover myself. If you tuck it into your bra strap it won't slip. Now she latches much more easily so I don't need to get my whole boob out, her head will cover enough for me not to feel exposed so I don't bother with the muslin any more.

A lot of my bf friends wear a light scarf and pull it down to cover up while feeding, this is a good option to as they're very fashionable!

Hmm, that's a tough one. I would recommend a different nursing cover maybe? I had one that was just a big square of fabric with a strap and I found it hard to use. Then I found this one: https://www.jollyjumper.com/show/203

It stays in place really well and I like that it covers my sides. It does get kind of hot sometimes though.

Sometimes when I'm out and about I'll just nurse in the car without any cover. It's not super private, but it feels like it is. Heh.

H cup here. 2 shirt method will keep you covered and allow the use of both hands. Fitted nursing tank or tue top under a regular shirt. Tank goes down with the bra and outer shirt comes up, and baby's head covers the rest!

H cup here and getting bigger by the day :dohh:

I am on the two top system. A vest or strappy top underneath and another top above that. It tends to work when feeding the problem is getting to that point. Releasing my giant boob cannot yet be achieved in any sort of discreet way. A crying baby always ensures that people are watching. But so far ive only fed in front of family and good friends. I need to work on getting boob out without attracting a crowd :haha:

I just use regular t-shirts, lift up one side, unlatch that side of my bra and hold my boob so she can get a latch. In the beginning, I constantly had to hold it because it'd 1. fall out of her mouth or 2. she'd suddenly unlatch and let out a big gasp because my boob had blocked her lil nose :dohh: Whoopsie :blush:

It gets easier. My girl holds my boob herself now, sometimes gently kneading it while she nurses. And she blocks the view of anybody just passing but I'm sure if they stop and stare long enough, they'd eventually get a glimpse if she was to unlatch but I don't care. :shrug: Like another person said, eventually you won't have to show as much and the baby will latch right on.

F cup here and I'd advise ditching nursing tops. The tiny pieces of fabric for 'modesty' don't hide big boobs at all.

When my LO was younger I wore a belly band under a regular top to avoid flashing my tummy but now he's older and bigger he covers everything himself anyway.

Latching can be a problem as he's very distractable but won't feed under a cover but I try to find somewhere as quiet as possible and as long as he's on and feeding nicely its pretty discreet. I find that my hitched up top covers what LO's head doesn't.

Its true a crying baby draws attention so try and feed before you get to that stage if you can.

Also, I nurse in the cradle hold on one side but can only feed using the cross cradle hold with lots of pillows on the other side for some reason?! Its just not comfortable any other way. I try and work it so I feed on my less fussy side while we're out and save the cross cradle hold for at home when I don't have to worry about being so discreet.

Breastfeeding can be a funny thing but it gets easier. You find ways to adapt it to suit you and your LO. After a while I started feeling much less self conscious about getting my boob out in public anyway x

K cup...do I win? :haha:

Nursing covers were useless for me. 2 top method works great. Especially if the one you pull up is relatively loose/flowy. On multiple occasions I've had people come up and start a conversation not realizing that my boob is exposed. Like you, I used the cross cradle hold with the outside hand holding my boob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->