Tips to get labor started

BeachBaby655

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I’m currently 38+5 weeks pregnant and ready to have this baby! What did you try at home to start labor? What worked and what didn’t??

Thanks!

I used a birthing ball and bounced on it every day and did loads of walking too. I still went overdue but managed to avoid induction.

Castor oil worked for me with lots of walking.. Everytime i got a BH contraction i would hold on to the counter and squat as deep as I could for 30 seconds... Its a process but one night of doing that should get things started

I went overdue with both of mine. I did the bouncing on birthing balls with both and walking. Induced with the first and my son came all by himself four days overdue. The night with my son I was bouncing on my ball and watching Netflix till midnight. Went to bed after weeks of aches and mild cramps in the evenings. Had no signs anything was happening. Woke up at 2.40am and started having mild contractions within fine minutes of waking up. He was in my arms at 5.17am. I honestly believe they come when they are ready as many women go overdue despite birthing balls etc. I do think gentle walks etc are good in those last few weeks to keep busy and relaxed if nothing else. I hope little one makes an appearance soon. Xx

Thanks ladies!!! Still over here waiting but I will be bouncing and walking a lot more :)

With my 2nd I took a small amount of castor oil- it was either 2 teaspoons or tablespoons. I had my doubts about it and just went to sleep. Woke up like an hour takes with some frequent but not too painful contractions. With my first I never experienced contractions really so I went to the hospital. Unfortunately my cervix was closed all the way so they gave me an Ambien and sent me on my way.

Well OMG I went home and slept only to be woken up by horrific contractions. We called an ambulance because my husband and I doubled we could get my son ready again and make it to the hospital in time. My water broke in the ambulance and my son was delivered like 15 minutes after getting to the hospital lol.

Phew what a wild ride. He was almost an ambulance baby lol.

On my due date my mw did a membrane sweep DH and I did the deed that same evening. Woke up at 1 am because my waters broke :haha: I always joke that ds was only over due by an hour, although technically he wasn't born until 40+2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->