Tips?

Peanut112

Reaction score
Cycle 6, back here still trying for number one! Any tips on what might work better? Help for a sticky baby?

I'm not sure if or when I ovulate. My period is pretty irregular but it's mostly around 21-23 days.

Considering going to the docs to see if there is something wrong with me... I'm quite bummed.

Hi hun before you start worrying i would suggest maybe buying some ovulation predictors if you havent already....also there is something you can get online called conceive plus and it is a lubricant that helps sperm i have recommended it to a friend of mine who was trying for a year and she fell pregnant her first month of using it. maybe give that a go and see how you get on the next few cycles x

I would definitely agree with PP and suggest using OPK's and start temping. Keeping track of your cycles can definitely help you to understand how things are working. Good luck!

Hi peanut, I'm on cycle 6 of ttc#1 too and I also have 22 day cycles. Mine have been anywhere from 21-25 days, but I seem to be settling on 22 now. I've been using opks from the start, and I just started temping last cycle. Both that along with checking CM confirm that I am in fact Oing. That helped put the fear that I maybe wasn't Oing at all to rest. Temping also helped confirm that my temps stay up throughout my LP, so my progesterone is probably good too.

First, let me say that it's totally normal for it to take 6-12 months to conceive. Even if you're both perfectly healthy, you only have a 15-25% chance (depending on age) each cycle. Your odds are the same each cycle, it's just that with enough flips of the (4+ sided) coin, you should eventually get the BFP side you're hoping for. That being said, if you have concerns you should absolutely talk to your doctor. You know your body and situation better than anyone else and deserve to be heard. I also know and understand all of this but still need a good cry each time AF shows. Numbers are cold and not so comforting.

I tried preseed last cycle. We enjoyed it, and it definitely doesn't hurt. There are a lot of anecdotes of couples getting a BFP with it right away, but that could be coincidental. It's a safe lube to use when ttc, but it's not necessarily a conception tool.

What I've decided to do differently this cycle:

1. Cut back on my glass of wine after a long work day. There is a growing body of evidence that indicates that even moderate drinking (5/week) affects egg quality and time to conceive. There is also evidence that moderate drinking affects sperm quality and motility, so I have asked DH to cut back as well. We're not heavy drinkers, but we do have a glass of wine with dinner most nights.

2. I'm someone who religiously gets up and cleans off to prevent infection after dtd. I used to get UTIs on a regular basis, but I haven't had a single one since starting this routine. Research shows no difference in pg rates in those who lay with hips elevated 30 minutes after BD, BUT I'm now reading that REs generally recommend just staying supine for 5-10 minutes. Sperm are built to get on in there and find the egg regardless, but it can't hurt to give them a head start before you throw gravity into the mix. I've also seen REs recommend positions where you are either supine or prone as there is some evidence that more sperm sticks on back there afterward. We will be trying both this cycle. Again not a guarantee, but can't hurt, and I think I can handle 5 minutes before cleaning off.

Thank you for the information! I will definitely be using OPKs this round, according to an online ticker I used I'm most fertile the day after I stop bleeding so I'm going to try to BD then. I heard a lot of negatives with preseed, like a lot of MCs happening so I'm trying to stay away from it (im prone to mc's. something about the rH factor.)

I've also heard that propping your hips help, but I'm sure once the sperm is in there that it doesn't make too much of a difference anyways.

I don't drink at all, neither does my OH. So there goes that! However, he smokes but I don't.

I read online that taking multivitamins, omega 3s, zinc and iron tabs can help a lot as well. So I've started taking those. I don't get the chance to eat meat or fish as often as I should and have a tendency to fall anemic.

fx for all of you!

Thank you for the information! I will definitely be using OPKs this round, according to an online ticker I used I'm most fertile the day after I stop bleeding so I'm going to try to BD then. I heard a lot of negatives with preseed, like a lot of MCs happening so I'm trying to stay away from it (im prone to mc's. something about the rH factor.)

I've also heard that propping your hips help, but I'm sure once the sperm is in there that it doesn't make too much of a difference anyways.

I don't drink at all, neither does my OH. So there goes that! However, he smokes but I don't.

I read online that taking multivitamins, omega 3s, zinc and iron tabs can help a lot as well. So I've started taking those. I don't get the chance to eat meat or fish as often as I should and have a tendency to fall anemic.

fx for all of you!

With my short cycles a calendar would have my O day right after AF too, but turns out I O around CD12! I'd be done BDing by then with zero shot of a BFP if I just followed the calendar!

With my short cycles a calendar would have my O day right after AF too, but turns out I O around CD12! I'd be done BDing by then with zero shot of a BFP if I just followed the calendar!

I don't know how to go about finding my O day with irregular cycles. I track BBT and CM but every single month is different. I picked up OPKs but I'm not sure exactly around what time frame of my CD I should be using it..

If you're unsure about your cycle and when you O, I would suggest using your OPKs starting the day after your period ends until you get a positive result. I have a general idea of when I O from temping and testing the last few months, so now I don't start testing until CD12 or so. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->