tired of people telling me what to eat/not to eat

rapunzel87

Reaction score
I am so sick of people telling me what to do and what to eat or not to eat. I understand that they are all well wishers have the best of intentions, but sometimes it really gets to me. My husband who is an absolutely lovely person, is all of a sudden inconsiderate of what he says. For example; today he went on a rant of how I am not eating enough fruits and vegetables or drinking enough milk, and I am only eating what I want and I am not considering the health of my baby. That was too much to hear for me. Now, I have severe nausea and throw up at least 3 times a day, currently taking diclectin so I can stomach at least a bit of food. I have been religious with my multivitamins and have been stressing about the fact that I can't eat much. Certain fruits have been throwing me off and I can't stand milk these days. I am sooooo upset that my husband had the audacity to say that to me! Am I wrong in thinking this way?

I am the one that's pregnant, and I am the one trying to sustain the baby and going through all of these crazy hormonal changes and he comes up and says I am only doing what I want? So pissed right now. UGHH

I am so sick of people telling me what to do and what to eat or not to eat. I understand that they are all well wishers have the best of intentions, but sometimes it really gets to me. My husband who is an absolutely lovely person, is all of a sudden inconsiderate of what he says. For example; today he went on a rant of how I am not eating enough fruits and vegetables or drinking enough milk, and I am only eating what I want and I am not considering the health of my baby. That was too much to hear for me. Now, I have severe nausea and throw up at least 3 times a day, currently taking diclectin so I can stomach at least a bit of food. I have been religious with my multivitamins and have been stressing about the fact that I can't eat much. Certain fruits have been throwing me off and I can't stand milk these days. I am sooooo upset that my husband had the audacity to say that to me! Am I wrong in thinking this way?

I am the one that's pregnant, and I am the one trying to sustain the baby and going through all of these crazy hormonal changes and he comes up and says I am only doing what I want? So pissed right now. UGHH

Men have no idea what it's like to actually be pregnant.... You should tell him if he's smart he wouldn't piss off a pregnant woman. Who knows what hormones will do.... I've thrown dishes! LOL (joke) No but on a serious note, Idk what to tell you... He obviously cares and that is sweet. Maybe just tell him he's getting on your nerves with all his know it all talk.

A) Tell him you'll eat what you bloody well like and when he's pregnant he can eat whatever he can keep down too. Men need pregnancy training. Best to start now.

B) Is this your first baby? Welcome to a lifetime of people giving unsolicited, unwanted and unnecessary advice. I'm pregnant with no. 6 and people are still giving me advice! Makes them feel important.

People are going to try to dictate your pregnancy. Tell your husband to keep quiet or you'll throw up on him. It's ok to say that, blame the hormones :)

No seriously though, men have no idea what we go through and that probably isn't going to be the only thing he says like that.

I would bite my husbands head off if he said that to me! lol Maybe you could look into getting him a Father to be book. My husband had one with our first pregnancy, and it really did have some useful information for him. Especially about what NOT to say. If he mentions it again, you should let him know that a woman's body is amazing! When you are pregnant, your body will take all of the necessary nutrients that your baby needs to be healthy. Also, you can refer him to your vitamins that you are taking, which are meant to give your baby what s/he needs. I am sure he meant well, and is mainly concerned with the having a healthy baby, so just reassure him that you're baby will be healthy, whether you can stomach many fruits or not in first tri.

My sister (who never got sick during her pregnancies) said something similar to me because one night I ate a donut, it was literally all I could stomach. She said I should be eating veggies and protein and exercising. I cried all the way home. They do not understand. A dr who does understand will tell you to eat whatever you can stomach and the baby will take nutrients from you and be fine.

I wish everyone could experience just one day of "morning sickness"! Then they'd shut up! :)

Yes. And exhaustion. I go through months every pregnancy where my OH treats me like I'm the laziest thing around. It's very unappealing! !

Yes. And exhaustion. I go through months every pregnancy where my OH treats me like I'm the laziest thing around. It's very unappealing! !

I have the exact same thing happening right now. My hubby seems to understand that though .. However, he doesn't get the fact that I can no longer handle strong smells especially when cooking. I hate the smell of eggs, onions and garlic. Its easier for me to just eat out because its quick and the house doesn't get smelly. But he still expects home cooked food, either I make it or he does. Ugh. Men.

I haven't cooked since I got pregnant, or done much of anything after work. Luckily dh doesn't complain and he's taking care of me. He definetely doesn't want to trade roles;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->