[TMI] Bacterial Vaginosis and TTC

Misslatino

Trying for #2
Reaction score
Hello ladies.

I have had my rounds with BV in the past. It usually shows up just after AF and I douche with hydrogen peroxide and water and it's gone the next day. This cycle my OH and I have been bding 2xs a day since AF left and will bd until 2 days after O. I'm expecting to O in the next two days. And today the BV showed up after not making an appearance for 3 cycles. I have the EWCM (today may be the peak) and my cervix is soft and high. I noticed about an hour after bd on lunch break the unmistakable BV smell. I do not want to douche and although OH swears he has never noticed the smell I'm still very uncomfortable about this. What to do?!?!

Sorry for TMI but I'm really insecure about it and I'm hoping someone has an answer!!

HEEEEEELLLLLPP :cry:

ALSO I took folic acid and acidophillus for BV prevention months ago but I'm now taking geritol complete and don't want to take too many supplements.

I would go back on the folic acid and the probiotics. BV can really get your vaginal tract pH all messed up and having a healthy vaginal pH is really crucial for TTC. Sperm don't survive well in a less than ideal pH. BV tends to make the vagina more alkaline than acidic (which in theory is better because sperm do less well in acidic conditions), but even just being too alkaline can cause issues. How much folic acid is in the Geritol? If the amount you take won't bring you up over 1000 mcg a day, it should be fine to take extra. And the probiotics are totally fine to take while TTC. If you have to stop the Geritol to manage it all, I'd do that instead of chancing it with not treating it. Have you considered antibiotic treatment at all? It's not ideal obviously, because you end up treating one bacterial imbalance by creating another, but it can help in cases where it's recurrent and nothing else does.

Also, not sure if it's helpful because I don't think you can buy it in the U.S., but I've used this in the past and it's excellent (and safe for TTC and in pregnancy). Perhaps even if you can't get it there, you might be able to look for something with similar ingredients?

https://www.multi-gyn.co.uk/multi-gyn-actigel.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->