TMI but bright red blood after sex

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Kylily, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Kylily

Kylily Well-Known Member

Hi girls sorry for gory details but after having sex with OH last night which was perhaps a little more energetic than it should of been we turned on the light to find a big patch of bright red blood on the bed and both of us with a lot on us as well ( again sorry for TMI) After wiping it seemed to have stopped and today its been just a bit of brownish spotting, until I found a small blob of blood and what looked like egg White, I'm not cramping at all or in any form of pain! I have not been able to contact my midwife so rand the hospital who told me to go see local doctor, but can't get an appointment till tomorrow afternoon.
    Is this just post sex bleeding and has anyone else been through this!
    Please help!

2. WannabemomV

WannabemomV Well-Known Member

I haven't had this but read that it is very common. Your cervix is raw and full of blood and if its touched during sex it will bleed. Keep watch and if you are really worried call your doctor..

3. RLG1282

RLG1282 Active Member

I have not had any personal experience with this, but from what I read your cervix is engorged with blood, so my guess is that with your more than energetic lovins last night maybe knocked things around a bit.

Good Luck! :hugs:

4. losingtheplot

losingtheplot Well-Known Member

hi hun, i should imagine it is your cervix and maybe it is a bit sore after some good loving! i refuse to have sex with my oh (poor man!) as i have had spotting and bleeding with this pregnancy and as i am feeling so sick i fear i may puke on him if he come to close urrrgggh! so anyway hun if it has stopped and your not having cramping try not to worry and get a docs appointment as soon as you can so they can reasure you with proper medical advice :) x x

5. kim81

kim81 Well-Known Member

Hi! I had a similar thing happen except it wasn't immediately after but like a half hour later all in my underwear. I freaked out, but by the time I went to the Dr. it had turned to brown (old) blood. The Dr didn't even want to do a scan (I was only 4 weeks, just had gotten my BFP) since he also told me that it's pretty common to bleed after sex. Last night I had sex too, and had some light bleeding after that which has resolved. Let me know if yours resolves (gets lighter, pinker or brown) slowly throughout the day, and even slightly in to tomorrow if there was a lot of blood. if so, you should be OK!!! :thumbup: