*Tmi* feeling unloved

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by tanya, Jan 30, 2011.

1. tanya

tanya Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Tmi but I'm horny all the time, but I don't want dh to touch me, just ahem... Coping alone..:blush: Dh has a low sex drive anyway so he's not bothered. My biggest problem is that I want affection, I need him to give me a cuddle and rub my back when it hurts but since we aren't dtd anymore dh just doesnt seem to be bothered. When I speak to my friends IRL who are pregnant they are all full of "oh my oh can't do enough for me and is always giving me cuddles and affection or always talking to the baby and rubbing my tummy" my dh doesnt do any of that. Apart from not makin the effort to dtd nothing has changed from before bfp, I still do allthe cooking and cleaning.
    It's not as though he doesn't know how to show affection as he showers adoration on the cat and is always cuddling him etc, maybe I'm less important than the cat?

2. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

aw although this time round i wouldnt let a man touch me with a barge pole in my last pregnancy i was the same as you i just constantly wanted that contact and love n affection i pretty much forced FOB at the time to give it to me i just kept cuddling him and practically telling him i want some cuddles! maybe you should just be upfront with him and tell him what you want x

3. smileyfaces

smileyfaces Well-Known Member

Im the same, im horny A LOT but just dont want to have sex with oh at all. It just makes me cringe thinking about it (horrible I know). But in terms of affection, he gives me cuddles and back rubs and stuff which is quite good but sometimes I have to ask for it. He cooks for me too but thats probably because we dont live together and I usually go to his place after work and so it's only right he cooks in his own house lol.
    I'd suggest speaking to your OH and telling him how you feel about the whole thing...he should start being more considerate and start thinking about the fact that you and baby need more attention than the cat :) x x x

4. 2245db01

2245db01 Megan and Kaydons mummy

my hubby was exactly the same hun, as soon as we found out i was pregnant (18 weeks gone, wasnt planned) my oh didnt really touch me, he would still want :sex: but would hate cuddlin me as the baby moving would make him cringe yet he was always stroking our cat and picking him up to cuddle him etc