TMI - I'm swollen now??

nadupoi

Reaction score
So tonight, OH and I had lots of fun. Haven't been so ready for :sex: in forever and it was amazing. Part way though.. I noticed that I was swollen. Not red and swollen from too much action. But puffy and swollen as if I had some sort of reaction. But there's nothing to react to!!

There was no condom.
I hadn't eaten or drank anything weird.
Nothing itched.
I don't feel sick.
And believe me, I wasn't having any issues with anything else! Especially being wet. (tmi) lol.

And that was about 3 hours ago.
Still swollen, but doesn't really hurt.

What the hell is going on with me!!!???
NEVER had this happen.

--------------

Any advice or idea would be helpful.

Are you on the pill? Because if not, then that sounds just like ovulation to me. Being in the mood, noticing more cervical fluid and the swelling would all suggest that. The swelling sounds like a normal reaction to sex, it's just that this happens more around the time of ovulation and very much less if you're on hormonal contraceptives. Do you know which day in your cycle it was?

If you were ovulating then there's a good chance you might have become pregnant. Having said that, you might just have reacted more randomly and be nowhere near ovulation. Bottom line: I think the reaction is normal and nothing to worry about but I would think about whether you might be pregnant if I was you.

Iv noticed this sometimes after a good shagg, it just some times happens

(STILL swollen though not QUITE as bad. Been almost 8 hours)

No, it's not like...friction swollen. I know what that feels like.

It's balloon swollen like I've had an allergic reaction. I used to get hives for no reason and once, along with the hives on my legs and arms and belly... my clit and that area swelled up. Like.. Edema sort of.

And No I'm not on the pill. And much to my knowledge, I already ovulated.
How would it be related to pregnancy?

Hun, didn't you just come off the pill unexpectedly? Your ovulation might be crazy at the moment, since you are used to being on it, therefore, you could have ovulated off from what you expected.

BTW - I looked it up and swollen abdomen is a side effect of ovulation.

Trust me. I ovulated.

I've been off the pill for almost a month.

About a week ago.. I had THE MOST fertile CM I've ever seen in my lifer. My cervix was soft and very very open. It has since hardened, closed, and my natural cm got dryer. Ovulation, right?

:rofl: i have no idea... i've been on BCP for so looong, since i was like 13.

but i think you should be pregnant, then we can have a little baby nadupoi!

Yay for little me's!!

OH would be thrilled... HAHA

Sorry, I didn't mean the symptoms are related to pregnancy. I meant if they're indicating ovulation then you might have got pregnant. But yeah, it sounds like you ovulated already. Although some people get increases and decreases in cervical mucus during their cycle before they actually ov. Do you chart temps to confirm?

Anyway, in your first month off the pill I wouldn't be too surprised about anything. :) you're not in pain, are you? Has it gone down at all? I've had similar things around ov for several days. But if you are worried I would just see a doctor rather than worry yourself.

It doesn't hurt. And at first I thought I was getting a yeast infection because I had a significant amount of white thick discharge, but that cleared up in a day and am currently have no problems at all. And it did go down, but not after quite a while.

No temps, though. Nothing. I thought about takin my temp and comparing it to previous charts... but that wouldn't do me much good.

Guess we'll just have to see!

I think you can be fairly confident that it's normal, I wouldn't worry.

This has happenned to me quite a few times - I started to get a little bit freaked out so I made a note of all of the possible factors that might have caused it - but there really wasn't any proper pattern!!!

The only possible reason I have for this is that maybe some of the glands and ducts etc that naturally swell up when you have sex just go a little bit haywire sometimes and don't really go down like they normally would after sex. The reason behind my weird theory is because I had a blocked gland last year *down there* and I had to have a little operation to reroute it. When it was blocked I was all puffed up on that side just like how it happens after sex sometimes...

I also wouldn't be suprised if it was to do with getting REALLY REALLY wet - I know that it happenned to me a lot after I came off the pill - and my body went into some kind of overload...hehe..TMI...but was definitely good times :blush:

:flower:

Sounds like it could be any number of things.

Ovulation, maybe a reaction to laundry detergent, a hot bath that was too hot can do that, the sex itself, just feeling randy anything! :rofl: Vaginas!

I would say, as long as there is no discomfort/itching I wouldn't worry too much, probably just one of those unexplainable things, there is another thing it could be but I can't remember the name of it, where you experience swelling/discomfort for no reason and there is no known cause or cure. So you're stuck really :dohh:

Thanks ladies for all of your advice.
It's probably just an effect of coming off the pill. Which should seem totally typical.

Amanda!! You just make me laugh so much!

I've had that happen...many times actually. I believe the swelling is caused by "rough" sex...not rough as in he's banging away on you carelessly, but maybe you weren't lubricated enough (or too lubed) or the skin somehow became easily irritated due to the motions...lots of possibilites!

I'm not sure why it happens to me. DH and I have tried different lubes and I even got tested for an STD (nothing). I have noticed I seem to get more swollen after I have been on top and perhaps...grinding too hard? Not sure! But I do know that we do get very into it while having :sex: :)

That's my 2cents! I do not believe it's a sign of ovulation or a reaction to coming off the pill. If it were I'd be ovulating 6-10x per month!

Well it wasn't rough. At least no more rough than we've ever done it... we've been more rough!! Rough enough to make me bleed afterwards, even. So when this suddenly happens, it freaked me out!

Women can develop allergies to men's sperm/pre-c*m...i saw it on Oprah. you might be interesting in giving it a search on Google ? :)
Don't worry, I THINK they have meds for it
But i'm not a doctor so i wouldn't knw

Really??? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard!!!

Definitely googling that!

heehee i know!!! it was on one of Oprah's DOCTOR OZ episodes or something
lol

and its not that the woman is allergic to ALL sperm, just that ONE MAN'S sperm... because every man's sperm is completely different

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"