TMI? Pain "down there"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Risstron, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Risstron

Risstron Guest

So sex for DH and I is impossible because it's absolutely painful. The opening of my V area is very very swollen and it is totally uncomfortable to sit sometimes. Anyone else had this? I'm going to bring it up at my first apt but it has been irritating me SO bad. There's no discharge or smell either so I'm totally confused. I'm about 7 weeks.

2. Freya

Freya Toddler and baby

Hiya, congrats on ur pregnancy! I've not had this personally Hun, I know there is extra blood flow down below during pregnancy that can cause sone swelling but if you're very sore I'd pop and see your docs or midwife for their thoughts xxx

3. kimbotrav

kimbotrav Well-Known Member

hi sometimes thrush can cause u to become saw doen there and doesnt always smell either so i would get it seen to if i were u for comfort sake :) if not it could just be what freya said that more blood goes down there when pregnant hope it gets better soon xxxxxxxx

4. Risstron

Risstron Guest

Thanks ladies :) I talked to my midwife about it and she said we can do some tests and what not to see if it's an infection (hoooope not!) or what it is. Still need to do my first pelvic exam >_O

5. Fascination

Fascination Her mummy <3

Sounds like it could be thrush. I'm not sure if you're allowed to use the creams during pregnancy but you could check with your midwife/GP and see if that helps at all. It's at least worth a try if it's making you feel uncomfortable. X