TMI - Painful cramps post orgasm in TWW

Aphy

Reaction score
Hi All, I apologize in advance if it is an uncomfortable topic but I am hoping someone here might have an answer as to what is going on. For the past 6 months or so I have noticed that if I (tmi) orgasm anytime in the period between O and AF, I often experience horribly painful ovary/uterus cramps that last for about 10-15 min. And I mean seriously painful, doubling over pain. Anytime earlier in my cycle then no problem at all. I am worried that it might be a symptom of something? This really makes ttc stressful since it means I now avoid reaching that point for majority of our cycle as it is too painful.

It started prior to me using Clomid so it cannot be related to that. Does anyone ever experience something similar and/or heard of something like this? Google searches have not found me any answers :shrug:

Well I had it happen to me and we went to the hospital that night and they found out that a cyst burst so it does sound like it might be cysts.. you should go to your GP and get an appt for an ultrasound. Hope it's not though. But might explain why you haven't conceived yet. :) FX everything works out :)

Thanks Velathria, I plan to chat to my obgyn about it next time I see him. Hopefully I remember this time since I keep forgetting every time I see him

I am updating here in case other ladies have a similar problem and want to know what it could be. I discussed it with my obgyn this morning and he didn't seem at all concerned that I suffer from these painful cramps. He just said that that is what orgasms are, muscles contractions etc. I feel like he didn't take me seriously at all or grasp the pain I was describing. I demanded he send me for an HSG to ensure my tubes are not blocked etc and this is happening on Friday. Will update again once I have an answer. If that comes back normal, I am going to go see another obgyn for a second opinion in November

Aphy, it doesn't sit well with me when Drs dismiss the pain of their patients. I don't actually think it's as serious as this but I know of someone who was no joke referred to a psychiatrist when in fact there was something potentially life threatening going on. In the very least I believe an ultrasound should have been done. Years ago I was having pains and that is exactly what my OBGYN did and found a large cyst that self resolved but at least there was an answer. What you're describing doesn't sound like cyst pain to me but it could possibly be fibroids. I don't have experience with those, I just have a friend who has them and sex is often painful for her as a result.. It's just an uneducated guess on my part. But anyway, a simple ultrasound can tell you so much.

Thanks Weebles! The hsg on Friday should tell me one way or the other I hope. My obgyn did do a internal sonar about 5 months ago before putting me on Clomid and he didn't say anything back then but who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->