TMI!! Perineal massage and piles

Tournesol

1 angel 1 rainbow
Reaction score
Hello, looking for ladies with experience please!

Firstly, did anyone do perineal massage with previous pregnancies and did it work to prevent tearing? This is my first, I'm having trouble reaching, so was wondering if it's really worth it.
Also, I've had piles for a bout a month now, not painful, not getting any worse, but not going away either! Is it safe to do the massage with piles? Will it make them worse?

I can't get OH to help with the massage either as he only has use of one hand at the moment after an operation, plus it's not pretty down there and I really don't want him to see! :haha:

Lastly, anyone who had piles in the third tri, did they go away after baby was born? I am aware they will probably get worse in labour before they get better. Joy!

Im a first timer too hun so i have no idea but would love to know. Im sure iv heard that the perineal massage is not recommended anymore as it is likely to cause very very small tears that actually weaken the area for labour but i would love to know too :)

I'm not sure about the piles as I didn't get them last time. Well I got one but that was a few weeks postnatal, it just went with cream :) but with regards to the perineal massage evidence supports it and research has shown that regular practice daily with an oil such as olive oil can prevent the incidence of tearing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->