TMI Post. Bathroom issues.

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
I'm taking the same prenatal vitamin I took when preg with my daughter. It has DHA and 100% iron. I am constipated all day everyday. I go maybe once a week. I forgot to take it yesterday and had to run to the bathroom tonight - my stomach now feels empty! I see my doc on Thursday and will be mentioning it to her. It just seems like that was fast for my system to "let go." (Couldn't think of a better way to put it)

Anyone had this problem?

I have the runs with this pregnancy. Hormones do crazy things to our digestive systems.

If you're constipated they usually have you take colace which is a gentle stool softener. That's what I had to take both pregnancies.

I've been constipated too, and had only rabbit poos (small and round) when I do poo, even after drinking tons of water. The only thing that's really helped me was my craving for ultra spicy things, hubs put an end to that after I stayed up one night with heart burn. But the next morning I had a very healthy stool. (something to be proud of haha)

Even though my stomach is constantly full, I'm also constantly hungry. I might try the colace.

sounds like it's the iron in your supplements making you constipated rather than your hormones, if the instant reaction to one missed pill was to empty your bowels immediately.

maybe ask your doc to give you a different supplement this time if you haven't had that problem before?

standard diet changes that usually work, like increasing in fruits and fibers and water and cutting down on red meat (which is very slow to process) sometimes don't work when you're on a supplement. :/

i used to have to run to the bathroom for reasons like that and on top of that, id feel horrible as if im about to vomit at the same time. i didnt but it was very close! i take two flintstones a day so that gives me 36 mg of iron a day. as soon as i started drinking water every day, bowel movements every day up to 3 times a day. i think i lost about 6.5 pounds that week as well as all the water flushed out that stuff in my system. then again, i find it hard to keep weight on me anyway so i guess the water insta-helped that problem. i used to use the bathroom just once every three or four days. when i was feeling too sick, i took a zofran which causes constipation and i didnt have a bowel movement for a week and a half, nearly two weeks. a glycerin suppository helped me out but i wouldnt use them often at all because i didnt want them to interfere with baby.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I am goin to buy flintstones vitamins today. I haven't had a vitamin since Wednesday and my stomach is still a mess! I felt absolutely horrible last night and went to bed shortly after DD which is rare because that's when I usually do school and house work. Then when oh crawled into bed hours later he was on me like glue. It's the only time I've ever turned him down so he cuddled me instead which I had to roll away from because I was too hot. I'm such a mess lately. I have my doc appt Thursday and can't wait to go over everything with her.

My pregnancy with my dd was a constant constipation battle. It was terrible. I used to have to take a lot of colace. This pregnancy is the complete opposite and I'm in the bathroom every few hours which is not like me when I'm not pregnant lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->