TMI post: Increased sex drive during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by monjufig1, Apr 12, 2012.

1. monjufig1

monjufig1 Pregnant

I'm at 5 weeks barely and starting to experience this.
    BUT-I thought sex drive was decreased in early pregnancy?
    How many of you are going through the same thing?
    Even more TMI, how about more intense O's? :winkwink:

2. LuluSS

LuluSS Well-Known Member

I am exactly the same. I had a high sex drive before, and I still have one! My O's are the same too.

Now if only I can get DH to have a high sex drive! He never had one. He only gave me lots of BD to conceive. Now I barely get any!

3. sallyhansen76

sallyhansen76 Finally a mommy!

I barely had sex drive before and even less now...BUT o is way more intense. :) Maybe just psychological..but...either way. Was good :p

4. Icy

Icy Mom of 3 ~ soon to be 4

I read somewhere that the increased blood flow down there makes it more sensitive which is why its sooo much more intense during pregnancy!! My man loves when I am pregnant simply for my super high sex drive... gotta admit I am loving it too. But we both always have a high sex drive. Also later in the pregnancy you have very explicit sexual dreams and if you don't do something about it you will be ready to go all day!! lol

5. Molly5186

Molly5186 Well-Known Member

My sex drive has increased tremendously!! Just this morning dh was on his way out the door for work and, wellll..let's just say I pulled him back in the door and yeah :blush:. He works in the tree business and there is just something about work boots and construction type apparel that REALLY seems to be "turning me on" lately :haha:

6. monjufig1

monjufig1 Pregnant

Lol that's funny!
    I guess many are pretty lucky then. Well then there's a symptom to always look forward to :happydance:

7. mummof1

mummof1 Well-Known Member

I am the same way! I was with my son and we had a better sex life when I was pregnant then when I wasn't! I am only JUST pregnant now, like just found out yesterday and I have noticed it already!! Guess its one of the good perks to being pregnant :)

8. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

I had this bad with #1

I still have it but #1 prevents it :rofl:

9. alibombali

alibombali Well-Known Member

I am very jealous of you ladies!

I had a high sex drive and its like as if it has disappeared into thin air! I am now 12 weeks and still feeling the same - my poor OH :(

10. Molly5186

Molly5186 Well-Known Member

That's okay:). When I was pregnant with my 1st I had zero sex drive and I honestly don't think my now ex husband and I even had sex once during the whole 9 months!

11. Jelebi

Jelebi Well-Known Member

So I have been spotting since 5 weeks on and off and that drives me nuts because I really want to make love to my husband and I am scared.
    But yeah, definitely increased for me too.

12. Cridge

Cridge Love my 2 boys!

I heard that your sex drive might predict gender..?? :shrug: Boy = high sex drive; girl = low?? I'm sure that's just a wives tale, but I'm curious.

My sex drive is usually pretty low, but it was higher when I was pregnant with my son. With this pregnancy, I have ZERO sex drive.

13. jaggers

jaggers Mom of 1, hope for 2!

Mine was super high when I was expecting dd, after her it went to... next to nothing. It was a pain to convince. I think that's what took us almost 3 years. Hard to get timing right at 3 times a month. We haven't done anything in over a month. It's kind of sad but I really don't want to...

14. DaisyAnne

DaisyAnne Well-Known Member

No! Mine has decreased, which I am sad about! I have just been so sick that I haven't wanted to really- but when we have been able to have some action, it has been way more sensitive, which is great! except that I can't hang on long enough without getting nauseous!!! haha, I can't wait til the nausea is gone and hubby and I can get back to a more normal routine!!!!

15. sheryl16

sheryl16 1 angel + pregnant again

mine has really increased i had a high-ish sex drive before..my OH even more so but mines got that bad i woke him up at 2:00am this morning to have humpy's and the day before we did it like 3 times.
    when really i should be doing other things like housework ect :haha: not that my OH would agree!!!
    owell best to enjoy it while i can

xxx

16. beckyjoy4405

beckyjoy4405 Well-Known Member

I have had increased drive BUT so sick all the time can't do much about it!! But when I am well enough it seems way more intense! Had a quicky before honey went to work and just about begged him to stay home for more hahaha

17. cheshire

cheshire Mum of 4

There might be something in this, the increase in testosterone or something. I had a higher than normal sex drive with my last pregnancy, would wake my husband up in the middle of the night :blush:. This one I have been asleep by 7pm every night! Lately though I have experienced a higher sex drive and more intense O's, as I am feeling less tired and sick :happydance: